Tyrannus' ODST build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmiralTyrannus

So it's my first build of anything pep, but i'm determined to knock this out as the ODST's are my favorite group of soldiers in Halo, plus their helmet just appeals to me so.

Thankfully i have a great deal of fiberglass and resin training thanks to my job, so that won't be so hindering.

So far, this is what i have after and hour and a half. Using 110lb cardstock, pretty new to me but i'm making it work.
FJaJCgF.jpg

xkDJxrJ.jpg
3uJpyCX.jpg

Progress update, top of helmet is done and it's now 3/4 done... its only getting harder as i go...

it's still in 2 pieces, i just set them together for the pic.

9ZgocAF.jpg

Yw5wuEA.jpg

Ok well... not much progress has been made on the helmet sadly, i did however make a tacpad and one (yea only one :p) knee pad.
and as i'll be flying home for two weeks, i wont be able to continue any of my work until i return.

Evet1ba.jpg

Gotta hold it otherwise it bends and flops around, but that'll get fixed when i resin it.
-------------

ZTmJina.jpg

Note to self, next time, re-scale the neck guard thing.. or just don't add it.
---------------

hKYPMMO.jpg

Here she sits.
--------------

T6K0gAG.jpg

Tacpad and knee pad. Oddly enough, my iphone fits the hole perfectly...

sorry i haven't replied or posted in a while, work has slowed my progress lately, i will post update pics later this week, promise ^.^

- - - Updated - - -

what kind of glue do you use?

I use plain ol' stick glue to quickly hold, then a VERY SMALL dab of superglue. Only did this because i hadn't found my hot glue gun yet.

So i haven't been able to work on it as much as i wanted because of work, but i've been slowly making progress. So far I've layered it with 4 layers of fiberglass, and plenty of resin. I'm actually satisfied with the hardness it has and will move on to the next step. unfortunately im still stumped with how i'm going to do the visor as i've never done any thing like it before. Next is the chest and torso pieces, should be easier since I don't need to make a visor for those haha.

Hardness was tested by using a hardness tester, she's not concrete, but it took a blow from a hammer pretty good.
Helmet 1.jpg

Helmet 2.jpg

C&C is most welcome.

Well, its been a little while and since i wasn't quite able to work on this build while deployed, i have returned and am gonna try to get back into it!

Lately it's been sitting on my desk as a nice little item, and a sad reminder of my inability to finish things.
I am extremely happy with how it's turned out being as this was my first helmet build (that's not a steel medieval replica), however with the mistakes and the damage it sustained i
am thinking about leaving this one as a do not finish and learn from my mistakes and start another one fresh. Oh well, such is the less spoken part of our craft.

thumbnail_image6.jpg

----Here's some pics of it as is, after i painted it (i must admit i dun goofed and painted it far too early)

thumbnail_image4.jpg

Padding is just a shemagh i picked up overseas until i find some real padding to permanently remain in there.

thumbnail_image3.jpg

Inside is layered with fiberglass and a layer of Kevlar, perks of my job.
the inside is rather rough on the eyes but it wasn't a big deal to me as i was going to pad it and line the inside with fabric

thumbnail_image5.jpg

a dork.
thumbnail_image2.jpg

Thanks, I'm putting the next helmet on the back burner for now (still salty about this one). But I'm going to be starting the armor next, just as soon as I get more printer ink! XD

Looking good! I always loved and wanted to build the Reach version of ODSTs. Would you mind linking me to the pep file? I remember back when this file didn't exist for pep and I also shelfed remodelling the source assets of the helmet on Blender just so I could pep it myself lol. I haven't set foot in the forums for about 2 years I think...

Thanks in advance, and good job again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back