Bondo Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

uptkiool

I am building a sly cooper cane and have finished the fiber glass step. There is section in the middle of the staff portion that is still bending easily. My question is should i reinforce that portion with more fiberglassing and resin or should i bodno the entire thing and continue as is?

thanks

i found this fiber tape at home depot today, can't recall the name but it works for just that, was around $7 give or take a few cents. It's a super hardening tape that holds broken tools together.

Bondo is only as strong as What you bind it to. If you but it in something that bends easily the Bondo will crack and break.

i found this fiber tape at home depot today, can't recall the name but it works for just that, was around $7 give or take a few cents. It's a super hardening tape that holds broken tools together.
I have seen this stuff it is called FiberFix I have never used it myself but it seems interesting. It is cloth with water activated resin on it.

If the item is bending still with fiberglass already reinforcing it, considering filling the inside if that section is hollow, it will make it much more firm, and as well as that, keep the item from busting from minimal wear and tear. As Admiral said as well, Bondo is only as strong as what it is bonded to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back