PVC rigid foam knife

Status
Not open for further replies.

m073

Hey,

yesterday evening i thought i try something out.

So i took a piece of pvc rigid foam and started. It is a plastic like balsawood.

With paper i wasn´t so successful and the result was not good (i have no pepakura skills for tiny things yet...)

Here are the first pics of the first evening, i will go on today with the hand pieces and after that try some undercoat and color. Resin is not needed with this hard foam.

1. i searched a nice knife pic, seached outline lines with photoshop and printed it out

messer1.jpg

2. with a knife i cutted through the paper to see the lines of the shape, outline with some pen
messer2.jpg

3. cutting is easy.. when the material is thin, when it is thick like this needs a little more power but works :)
messer3.jpg

4. afters some more cutting and sanding it looks better
messer4.jpg

5. hand pieces are missing.. lets make some
messer5.jpg

6. first evening result.. need some more work but i already like it for a first try :)
messer6.jpg

Perhaps i can finish the hand pieces today and start with the undercoat, will post more pics when it goes forward ;)

My first soft foam cutting looked like this if you want to laugh :) (if your imagination is not big enough, i wanted to make hand pieces of master chief! :D )

firsttry.jpg

That knife looks awesome! Would have never thought to use flat PVC for anything, but you may have just inspired me to try =)

Hi,

day two i finished the handpieces and put on some color foil.

Now i finish the rest of my armour and then decide which color i pick for it :)

m-griff.jpg

m-vorversion.jpg

m-vorversion2.jpg

Thx :) Making my armor now.. but goes forward very slowly :lol all those details... and always doing it two or three times until it looks ok :wacko

Superb job!
Looks like you've got a pretty steddy hand when it comes to rounding up edges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back