Starrmont's Halo: CE Mk V Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starrmont

Well, after much mental preparation, I've decided to begin work on my first Halo build. Ideally, I'll eventually have a full suit, but for now I'm starting with just the helmet.

The version I'm building is the Mjolnir Mk V combat armor from Halo: Combat Evolved, because I want to start with something relatively easy. I don't want to bite off more than I can chew.

Here are all the cut pieces:
h4oQUTX.jpg

All the pieces scored and pre-folded:
o3LrrGN.jpgXQoeqEf.jpg

Assembling the first few pieces of the visor:
kxKLuqp.jpgAd1YA6m.jpg
fxGQvrM.jpg

Adding more pieces:
9gh8BFy.jpgwZGIwSi.jpg
YwlhAj7.jpgXhD1w2n.jpg

The helmet really begins to take shape:
EoCMjMC.jpgi2fqOnN.jpg
mcOkRml.jpgwOLZW5d.jpg

Detail on the jawline pieces:
C5m4HNn.jpg
bXVgKhm.jpg

And done!
3287wMk.jpgNKhJQ6H.jpg
y2LLrOX.jpg6WBeImZ.jpg

A few more detail shots:
XRMQ5ap.jpgL1hAKZ6.jpg

And the final fitting:
TeAAhbX.jpg

Darn. Well, it only took me a few hours. I'll rescale it, try again, and post up with the eventual version that fits.

Even if it doesn't fit, you are doing a very good and clean pep work. Continue! But with a version that fits ;)

The bottom lip almost never fits on the first try. Every helmet I had to make didn't allow my head to fit without modification.

I can tell you right now that from what I have learned from other people who have made THIS particular helmet, HAD to cut out the rear, bottom half of the helmet and figure out a way to attach it back in place after the helmet was on. As long as you properly scaled the height of your head and added at least an inch and a half to that measurement and THIS is the outcome of your pep work, then you may have to do the same. ;)

If you did NOT scale properly, then yeah, a redo is in order. :p

My one of these ended up fitting once I cut inside the neck right out, but I found the sides just in front of the ears pinched into my head, I had to use the heat gun and widen it (this was after fiberglass)

Nice crisp work so far too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back