(WIP) H3 UNSC Marine build

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPOMendez

Hello all!

I want to start building a halo 3 marine suit. I am going to a printer shop soon to get the pep files printed on 200 grams paper, and start pepping. Thought it might be better to take a heavier paper, to prevent warping and make it more sturdy.

I currently need the Abdominal plate though. I found on on the forums, but that one isn't good. does anybody have a link on that?

Besides the armor, i want to pep a M6 Pistol and doubting between a Shotgun or a M5C. what do you guys think?

Any tips etc. will also be usefull.

Greetings,

CPOMendez

<BIG UPDATE>

Finished the upper body armour. Scalewise i think it looks spot-on! Hope you guys like it as much as i do. this weekend i will finish the small bits, and hopefully monday the helmet! I'll keep you guys updated!

2mmx1ya.jpg

15npyjb.jpg

Attachments

• 2mmx1ya.jpg
    2mmx1ya.jpg
    790.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 15npyjb.jpg
    15npyjb.jpg
    842.7 KB · Views: 164
Re: H3 UNSC Marine build

If you're looking for parts, check the File Archive. I guarantee whatever you're looking for can be found there.

As for the Shotgun or MA5C, I'd personally go with an MA5 series rifle. It looks less real (which means you might not have to do so much explaining) while also being much more iconic and much simpler to build.

Best of luck, and we all look foward to seeing what you build.

Thank you :) i already have a s99 laying around, but it is build to MC scale, and out of mdf wood wich makes it too bulky and heavy to carry. I really think there arent enough marines though, might even be the first one in my country (the netherlands). I hope to get started pepping in the next 2 weeks.

And a question about weapons, is foam better than pepping and glassing them? Want to mold them eventually anyway.

I agree, marines don't get nearly enough love haha

For the weapon build, if your intention is to mold then, I would go the glassing route; Better detail and the process will be more forgiving in terms of preserving the original. Foam is best if speed and hassle-free entrance to a con of some sort are your priorities.

G'luck, I'll keep an eye out for those first progress shots :thumbsup

Awesome! I'll think i go with the glassing then, i don't have a real deadline, but i hope to have a finished cosplay in 3 months.

I'll drop by the printershop tomorrow, and start pepping. Starting with the easiest ones (elbows, shoulders, shins) i will work my way up to the more difficult parts. Hope to get some pics for you guys tomorrow ;)

<UPDATE>

I have gone to the printerstore, and finnally got a look at a marine suit, MA5C and M6 Silenced IRL :

2vx0ex1.jpg

On a more serious note, finished the first shoulder. Got some slight warping on a few sections, but nothing too severe. Any tips or improvements are welcome :)

mhyn1g.jpg

xcq07o.jpg

Hope you guys like the progress so far ^^
Now, let's continue this journey!

Attachments

• 2vx0ex1.jpg
    2vx0ex1.jpg
    948.7 KB · Views: 170
  • mhyn1g.jpg
    mhyn1g.jpg
    917.8 KB · Views: 166
  • xcq07o.jpg
    xcq07o.jpg
    990.1 KB · Views: 176

<UPDATE>

Hello Everybody! Finished the Ab plate and chest plate! I will continue on with the back!

Photo's for scale will follow later!

~CPOMendez

2ir7vxs.jpg

Attachments

• 2ir7vxs.jpg
    2ir7vxs.jpg
    979.4 KB · Views: 163

Hello all! Finally finished one knee as well. If it keeps going in this poace, i might be able to start resin/glassing in two weeks!

I'll try to keep this suit as game accurate as i can, since i noticed a lot of cosplays missing either the ab plate, or the undersuit. Both of wich i will tr to include in this build. Anyway, pictures below!

Feel free to let me know what you think!

2vt8wtc.jpg

2e2jqrq.jpg

v7s0nd.jpg

Attachments

• 2vt8wtc.jpg
    2vt8wtc.jpg
    465.5 KB · Views: 158
  • 2e2jqrq.jpg
    2e2jqrq.jpg
    497.7 KB · Views: 166
  • v7s0nd.jpg
    v7s0nd.jpg