First attempt at building a DMRRIFLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadwarrior0901

Hi all this is my first attempt at building a DMR rifle the rifle was for my scale model master chief that I have also build, but I got the scale wrong. I finished the rifle anyway as practice always makes perfect. I hope you like my first attempt and all criticism is welcome.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

This picture shows the mistake I made with the scaling
image.jpg

Thanks for looking

It still looks great as a show piece, what did you make it out of?

Honestly though, the scale is pretty funny. How did you not see that earlier on? :p

Hi thanks for the feedback the dmr is not finished yet I still have more painting and sanding to do,but its getting there. The whole thing is made from Eva foam. As to the scale problem, the master chief model is 31" tall so the gun needed to be about 16" in length so I scaled a picture on my laptop and made a stupid mistake. You know the rule measure twice cut once! Well I didn't and had cut 3 pieces of foam before I realised what I had done wrong! So I thought finish it anyway and put it on the wall in my man cave.

It's alright... My problem with scaling was pretty bad as well... Made a helmet (my first in fact) sized for Chief. Though, that massive DMR is hilarious.

I had the same issue with scaling. I made a H4 Recon torso piece for myself and it fits my 6 year old son.. looks good none th less, keep up the good work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back