How do you do the visors of helmets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, good grief. How many ways are there?

You could use a motorcycle visor. You could vacuum-form the visor (which is what seems to be the accepted answer). You could use some tinted acrylic. You could even use coloured soda bottles if you want to be quick and nasty, I've seen it done.

I don't wish to discourage you at all - I hope to see some good work from you. But this question has been asked a great, great many times. Please do some research before making a question thread.

You could use a motorcycle visor.

This question has been on my mind for a while. The ODST visor is a little oddly shaped, is it possible to use a motorbike visor without some sort of ****ing about with its shape? I presume it would require cutting out several pieces and then reassembing them at an angle. This question of how to join multiple pieces of plastic, cleanly, for the purpose of a visor, has been on my mind for a while. Do you know, off the top of your head, where I could find more information about this?

This question has been on my mind for a while. The ODST visor is a little oddly shaped, is it possible to use a motorbike visor without some sort of ****ing about with its shape?

Less of the cussing, please.

I presume it would require cutting out several pieces and then reassembing them at an angle. This question of how to join multiple pieces of plastic, cleanly, for the purpose of a visor, has been on my mind for a while. Do you know, off the top of your head, where I could find more information about this?

I'm not sure you'd be able to get a seamless effect - hence my suggestion that vacuum-formed visors seem to be the way to go. It's quite possible to vacuum-form 3-5mm acrylic at home with conventional tools.

I used a flexable metallic visor from etsy. it was about 20 bucks. I trimmed it and folded it then hot glued it in because it's not as heavy as a normal visor.

I like to use window tinting stuff. lol it's the silver mirror like stuff you put on windows for privacy http://www.gilafilms.com/en/privacy-window-film.aspx#.VRzzD_nF9S0 that stuff, but for the ODST helmet it might get super tricky, but it could be done with very fine gluing. I think vacu forming would be the best bet for the ODST visor, just because it's a very weird shaped visor, but for other straighter visors, the window film work well, and since it's really thin, the helmet doesn't get as hot inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back