Halo: Online ASSET RELEASES

Status
Not open for further replies.
DOUBLE POST: The Nobody Loves Cherry Edition

Progress on the weaponry is going smoothly. MA5D and M7 variants have been pulled and sorted without too much issue. All weaponry models now have full-sized (2048x2048) texture maps - both in lossless TIF format and PNG for lower file sizes. With any luck, these files should be going up before the weekend is up, and then that should be it for Halo: Online assets until the final release hits, barring any unforeseen developments.

I have yet to make any serious progress on the BR85HB, M6H2 and M395 DMR sets - however, due to RobTC working on his amazing BR85HB model, I'll likely prioritise getting those variants out for his use before anything else. As always, please let me know if you've found these releases useful, and don't forget to give me a poke if there's anything you think I've forgotten.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the looks of most of those armors. I'd love to know which is the Paladin armor.

I dont know anything about Polygon modeling, all I can do is manipulate a finished model so as of now the models you extract just get piled up into a personal database I have. But im sure someone will find a good use for your extractions. I wouldnt mind doing a handful of helmets from Halo 4, maybe I will find a suit in Halo Online's armory I like. Thank you for putting all this background work to get releases out to us!

I like the looks of most of those armors. I'd love to know which is the Paladin armor.

Until the beta is pushed, I won't be able to answer this for you. Regardless - these armours are only a portion of the full Armoury. It's known that at least a few other Halo 4 armours are making an appearance, which makes me believe that this beta has an intentionally-limited selection as of now.

EDIT: the new, larger Halo Online weaponry textures are proving to be somewhat more problematic than I first considered. Even converted to PNG format, these images still crop at ~4Mb per piece - the Archive's maximum ZIP file allowance is 10Mb, meaning an archive of each weapon class (Battle Rifle, DMR, Magnum, Assault Rifle, SMG) is going to be very difficult to sort out.

I'm considering either reducing the file resolution to 1024x1024, or converting the images into JPG format to save space. As ever, I will still have raw TIF files on ice for those who need them, but I also need to consider the limitations of the Archive. I'll consider my options, and see how well I can create a smaller file without compromising on image quality.

DOUBLE EDIT: seems JPG format wins out, each file comes out at <1Mb, with no appreciable loss of image quality. Again, other file options will be available for those that want them.

Awesome. I did notice on Halopedia that some of the armor permutations in Halo Online are also being used in Halo 5: Guardians.

Awesome. I did notice on Halopedia that some of the armor permutations in Halo Online are also being used in Halo 5: Guardians.

You're right. This should help out tremendously with naming conventions of the armour sets, as and when they're named properly.

I'll begin making preparations in the Archive as soon as I'm done with the weaponry rips.

EDIT: I've identified Armour 15 as the Breaker variant - hopefully more variant names will begin to pop up as time goes along.

Cool stuff, SBG. On the note of Happenings, here's the order of service for tomorrow:

Armours will be split up into components (helmets, arms, legs, chests). Files will be re-uploaded with current known names (Breaker, etc).
Known UNSC weapon variants will be finalised and uploaded. This pack will be an Alpha release, pending further assets being made available (M6H2 RoF variant, MA5D AMMO variant).

All being well, the full sets will be released before 0000h, 13/04.

Was planning on splitting them tonight for you. Problem is I keep updating Blender every time there is a newer version. Key board functions change. Alt J is pretty much the same, after you have selected everything in the scene. But to separate them completely ! I give up. Blender should al least update their documents! Waiting to get some things paid off, so I can subscribe to blendercookie. Then I'm gonna hit hard. I mess with blender for a little while then I stop for a few weeks. In short, I'm not really advancing all that much. But you seem to have it under control. Again, your welcome, anything help contribute to the community.

Was planning on splitting them tonight for you. Problem is I keep updating Blender every time there is a newer version. Key board functions change. Alt J is pretty much the same, after you have selected everything in the scene. But to separate them completely ! I give up. Blender should al least update their documents! Waiting to get some things paid off, so I can subscribe to blendercookie. Then I'm gonna hit hard. I mess with blender for a little while then I stop for a few weeks. In short, I'm not really advancing all that much. But you seem to have it under control. Again, your welcome, anything help contribute to the community.

I wouldn't waste your time with BlenderCookie. If you have questions I'd be happy to answer them - I'm writing a Blender tutorial that should cover everything a costume-level modeller should need to know.

Double post: the Bip Bap Bam Edition.

Weapons are now online. Find them in the Archive HERE. Armours will be split up more than likely when the final game is released, to prevent me from having to keep going in and re-naming them.

EDIT: for future reference, I'll list all known armour names and weapon variants here. There are DEFINITELY subject to change, given the beta nature of the information gleaned, but it may help somewhat with getting things set up.

WEAPONS:

BR85HB - RoF/ACC/AMMO/DMG/RNG/PWR
MA5D - AMMO/DMG/RoF/RNG/ACC/PWR
DMR - AMMO/ACC/RoF/DMG/RNG/PWR
M7 SMG - RoF/ACC/RNG/DMG/AMMO/ADV
PLASMA RIFLE - DMG/RoF/ACC/GOV/RNG/PWR
CARBINE - RoF/GOV/RNG/DMG/ACC/PWR
M6H2 - RoF/DMG/PWR
MAULER - ACC/RoF/PWR
PLASMA PISTOL - RoF/DMG/PWR

ARMOURS:

Old Friends: Soldier, Air Assault, Scout, Defender, Pilot, Recon, Pioneer, Warrior, Ranger, Commando, Venator, Rogue, Strider, Infiltrator, War Master, Aviator, Wetwork, Vanguard.

New Friends: Mirmillon, Buzzsaw, Tremor, Dynamo, Swat, Explorer, Major, Lancer, Rookie, Gunslinger, Ghoul, Guardian, Jawbone, Navigator, Oracle, Panther, Prophet, Pulse, Seeker, Solar, Triage, Wasp, Juggernaut, Samurai, Hoplite, Spectrum, Tanker, Poncho, Caladcholg, Void Dancer, Blaster, Excavator, Extractor, Omni, Razor, Silencer, Reaper, Widowmaker, Sceptre, Paladin, Renegade, Cain, Flenser, Inquisitor, Rampart, Enigma, Diablo, Gargoyle, Goku, Halberd, Hellcat, Knight, Mantis, Pharaoh, Rhino, Vortex, Lotus.

DOUBLE EDIT: A few of these entries share names from the Halo 4 development sets. I've edited the Armours list to reflect all Halo 4 entries.

DOUBLE POST: THE '343i WHY' EDITION

Armour names have been figured out. I'll be updating both the Archive, the downloads and this post with the corresponding details as soon as it's all done.

Armours in the Halo Online Alpha are as follows:

Venator, Renegade, NIHARD, Gladiator, Mac, Shark, Juggernaut, Dutch, Chameleon, Halberd, Cyclops, Scanner, Mercenary, Hoplite, Ballista, Strider, Demo, Oribtal, Spectrum, GUNGNIR, Hammerhead, Omni, Oracle, Silverback, Widowmaker, Soldier and Air Assault.

EDIT: packs are now renamed according to their respective sets. Rather than upload brand new, renamed packages, I'm going to hold off on Release Beta, and go ahead with Gamma once I've split the armour packs up into components (helmets, chests, forearms, legs).

TRIPLE POST: THE 'Oh God My Head Is Trying To Explode' EDITION

All armour packs are now renamed, split up, and ready to be uploaded. I'll be setting the packs up tonight, and then figuring out the raw texture files for those that need them. Other than that, there are no further Halo Online releases planned until the full game ships or flawless asset extraction is provided.

QUADRUPLE POST: THE 'PAINKILLERS ARE LOVE. PAINKILLERS ARE LIFE' EDITION

File Archive has been updated with current armour assets from Halo Online (Release Gamma).

Fixes from the previous Alpha version:

- Armour sets now feature set names (potentially in Beta format)
- Armour sets now split up into components (helmet/torso/shoulder/forearm/legs), available in raw, un-edited .OBJ format
- Corresponding textures in .PNG format (diffuse map channel only - full texture maps slated for Release Delta)

Set names are as follows:

Air Assault, Ballista, Chameleon, Cyclops, Demo, Dutch, Gladiator, GUNGNIR, Halberd, Hammerhead, Hoplite, Juggernaut, Mac, Mercenary, Nihard, Omni, Oracle, Orbital, Renegade, Scanner, Shark, Silverback, Soldier, Spectrum, Strider, Venator and Widowmaker

As always, if you download these packs, please remember to leave a Like with the download, credit the original sources (myself, 343i, Saber Interactive), and leave any feedback if necessary. As above: this will be the final Halo Online release until the final game ships, most likely.

QUINTUPLE POST: THE 'OH CHRIST WHY DID I HAVE TO DO THIS ALL AGAIN' EDITION

New tools have allowed me to obtain the game assets in a much higher definition - I'll be replacing the current Archive content with more up-to-date resources. For those of you who have downloaded the current content, it would be advisable to purge your own archives of the old stuff in preparation for the new content hitting the shelves.

I'll also be adding custom sub-categories for the Halo: Online weaponry and armours as time goes on - I've managed to pull some of the files not initially available, such as Halo: Online's take on the M6S Magnum and the M7S SMG, but unfortunately, the armours previously listed are the only ones currently accessible in this beta build of the game. Naturally, I'll be keeping everyone posted, and will have further content dropping as soon as I have it - for now, please enjoy what's available.

Also: high-resolution texture maps will at some point be made available for those who want them. I'll have to re-obtain those maps from the source, sort and re-name all associated files manually again, which promises to be an exercise in having my soul crushed, but once it's done, I shouldn't need to bother with doing it again.

EDIT: regarding texture mapping. These new models are pulling with odd UV/texture coordinates - the data is intact but incorrectly placed. I'm solving the issues - manually - but it'll take time. I'll be postponing uploads until the issue is resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back