Preventing cracking in foam armor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD of Asgard

Member DIN
S757
Quick question. When sealing foam armor did anyone else have a problem with modge podge? I never had a problem sealing things with plastidip but the one time I decided to be lazy and just use modge podge instead I've found that the slightest bumps or tension on the armor causes cracks to occur in the paint.

Is this just the modge podge reacting badly with the foam and the paint?

I'm not sure but I think you need to put a primer coat first so that your paint sticks to your armour i have no idea what modge podge is but you should clean up your armour then coat it in primer and then paint it, or it could be your paint too im not sure and I'm not a pro those are some things I know because of warhammer so there will probaly be better people to help you- Supernova9975

I haven't heard of a bad reaction between podge and foam, but it may well has been the paint :/ I've had a similar problem in the past. Also, was it an old batch of modge podge, cuz I think I've seen someone have the same issue in that case?

Either way, sucks to have trouble after making it all the way to the painting phase, hope everything is recoverable and works out :thumbsup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back