First build, Mark VI Helmet, tips would be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

swift4740

First time build, but since I printed it over a year ago I now realise its too small -_- Oh well, can always use practice, comments and tips will be appreciated :D
image1.JPG
image2.JPG
image3.JPG
image4.JPG
image5.JPG

You are certainly off to a good start. If you are planning on building an entire suit, start off at a different place like the shins, boots, or handlplates. The helmet is one of the most important pieces so I would save it close to last. That is if you want more practice working on pepakura but it's all up to you. When you re-do the helmet, start by building the helm or crown first then build the model from that section. It's hard to correctly glue the helmet where space is limited. This method also works with all other pepakura models. Finish off enclosed areas first then continue to assemble the model.

I noticed some of the numbers weren't aligned correctly. Make sure they match up on your future models. Your pepakura model will come out misshapen if the tabs are not glued correctly.

Other than that, keep up the building! More practice equals better pepakura skills :)

Thanks man, yeah, I think I'll take up that enclosed area idea, the misaligned numbers were after I glued the other side of the piece so the other side wouldn't fit right -_- glad this isn't my final helmet at least, could always use more practice

Be careful with warping and buckling during hardening and resin. Ran into that myself, and I'm still trying to fix it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back