First Build. RVB Agent Florida, Help welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimitri

For now this is admittedly a place holder of sorts since I have too many other projects going at once to do much work on this but I figured it would be nice. I do intend to get to work on it before the month is out. I wanted to go with something simple since this is my very first build. I figured it doesn't get much simpler then Florida seeing as how it seems like he doesn't even wear a full suit. At least it looks that way in the shots I can find. Helmet looks to be ODST and whats listed on the wiki, however I notice that any pep files I look at don't look right across the shoulders or the ribs for the chest. I could be wrong. I also can't find any pep files for the ammo belts he wears. But here's the break down.

Planned Build.
RVB Agent Florida
Helmet: ODST
Shoulders: Unknown
Chest: Unknown
Thighs: Unknown
Arms: Appear to be sans armor
Weapons: Tomahawk/Assault Rifle

Florida_2.png

Here's some info I can pass along that might help you in the long run. Almost all of the characters from season 10 of RVB were modeled from Halo 3 armor variants, so most likely all of the armor pieces will be from those sets. Looking at the pic, Florida has the H3 ODST Helmet, the standard H3 legs, but appears to have different chest and shoulder pieces from the games sets. He could very well have an H3 ODST chest and shoulders, but I haven't looked yet. The ammo belts were an original design from the animation team of RT, as well as the tomahawk.....which would've been sweet for H3 now that I think of it lol. You might find a similar ammo belt from the Halo Reach department, but I'm not sure. Anyways, best of luck and can't wait to see some progress pics =)

Thanks so much for that. It really helps. I did some rewatching and screen shotting and looks like I'm right. He doesn't appear to wear any type of armor on his arms aside from shoulders, and armored gloves of some sort. The chest from what I can see looks to be possibly a CQB but it's hard to say given around the sides it seems off. There also seems to be a radio style piece on the back of his shoulder that doesn't fit any of them. Kinda figures with my luck I'd pick someone more difficult then I expected. Here's the current stats.

Chest: Possibly CQB
Thigh: H3 MK VI
Arms: None

Here's more screen shots if anyone can possibly identify the misc parts you would be my favorite person right now. florida side.pngflorida back side.pngflorida front.pngflorida shoulder.png

Haha that's hilarious. Thanks for those. Sorry I didn't get back on this sooner, things have been pretty crazy.

Weathers been trash, lots of rain and cold so I got a head start on the helmet. I never thought to realize how rage inducing this would be. The glue sticks I bought don't work at all so I resorted to a low temp glue gun I keep around. The helmet has now a top, visor thing, and the glass part. Everything else is sitting on my table cut out until I can get more glue sticks. I'm laughing so hard right now at how bad it looks but I'm gonna run with it and see how later phases help salvage the crazy. Maybe I'll get pictures once I finish putting it together. So yeah. Also planning on asking a friend what he thinks about modeling some of the missing parts for me so I can unfold them later. We'll see.

Poor, poor Agent Florida. Always allergic to aspirin... :p Also, at least for me... hot glue has been the best. At first, I tried glue sticks as well, but they just don't have enough hold power, IMHO.

I wanna say the chest is an odd mixture of ODST and CQB and yes. The shoulders are definitely the ODST hip plates.... That's so weird lol

A mini hot glue gun is going to be your best friend for anything armor related lol. If you find yourself having more trouble with the helmet, put it on hold for a while and start with something smaller like the shoulder plates. That way you get some good practice in and you can come back and tackle the helmet later. Helmets and chestpieces are almost always the hardest pieces and unless you have a lot of experience building them you wanna save them for last.

Thanks so much you have all been a lot of help. I did pick up a glue gun meant for detail work since i work part time at a craft store. Think i am gonna switch to some other pieces and see how that goes. Probably work from the bottom up and start with the boots.

Howdy!
working bottom up is always a solid plan, particularly when starting out, but i find that it helps get the ball rolling and building confidence for any build.

Also, the shoulders are indeed the hip plates from and ODST suit, that never occurred to me when watching haha, weird indeed. As for the chest, isn't it just a slight variation on a standard marine chest plate? o_O
Because that back looks pretty dang similar as well and the collar is a dead ringer . It really just seems like a slightly bulked out variant of a Halo 3 marine torso.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing this progress, always nice to see an RvB character brought to life :thumbsup

So haven't updated this in a while. Been really busy with a week long family vacation last month and other costumes, and lots and lots of rain. Seriously. The upper midwest is dumb sometimes. However here's a bit of an update~! I finished the helmet because I am a seriously stubborn individual. >.> Its the second actually since the first wasnt going together properly and was a hair smaller then I liked. The pep job itself isn't the neatest, lots of burnt fingers and slightly off tabs but over all it's done. The picture shows it missing a couple small pieces but they're in now. Tomorrow I plan to resin and fiberglass it so I can hopefully at least get the helmet done for a con coming up super soon and run the GFH AU version. After that plans are to go full speed ahead into the rest of the armor since this is my last con for the year and I have tons of costumes planned.

tumblr_nrfx4yKGSY1s1urr3o1_1280.jpg

Just finished putting on a base coat of paint on a version of this. Not entirely happy with it over all, but it's pretty good for a first try if I do say so myself. It's still rough in a lot of places and not as smooth as I'd like but they say practice makes perfect. I know with bondo especially I need a lot more practice. Planning to paint the blue tomorrow and add the visor and padding and all tuesday.

tumblr_nrrcrnu6wV1s1urr3o1_1280.jpg

I'm trying to make an Agent Florida armor set, From what I can gather and found in the Halo 3 Game his armor is

Chest: Halo 3 Marine chest with added bandoliers and ribs
Legs: Standard Halo 3 legs and bandoliers around waist

From what I saw in some clips and photos is He has no forearm armor and has a radio thing on his right shoulder, He also wears grey/black gloves.

Good luck on your build! hope any of this info helped.

-BIOFLAVENOID

Haha yeah if you look at some of the posts we've determined his shoulder armor are hip pieces. Feel free to use what we found to get your own build going, and good luck yourself. I'm tempted to post a picture of our group from the con we went to. We went in an au verse with just helmets and street clothes but it was so much fun.

chest is halo 3 marine thighs are normal odst thighs shoulders are the hip plates the back seems to be recon or something like that, and the shins and knees are standard odst

Haha that's hilarious. Thanks for those. Sorry I didn't get back on this sooner, things have been pretty crazy.

Weathers been trash, lots of rain and cold so I got a head start on the helmet. I never thought to realize how rage inducing this would be. The glue sticks I bought don't work at all so I resorted to a low temp glue gun I keep around. The helmet has now a top, visor thing, and the glass part. Everything else is sitting on my table cut out until I can get more glue sticks. I'm laughing so hard right now at how bad it looks but I'm gonna run with it and see how later phases help salvage the crazy. Maybe I'll get pictures once I finish putting it together. So yeah. Also planning on asking a friend what he thinks about modeling some of the missing parts for me so I can unfold them later. We'll see.

When I build my pepakura, I find it easiest to use craft glue. It seems to hold up pretty well, and no burnt fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back