Halo: A New Sun Sets (The Movie)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might not want to have one prop house make ALL your costumes unless there's a real specific reason to. Shop around. The best prop makers aren't always going go be the best suit makers.

Also, think about what's the largest number of practical suits you'll need on screen, and figure where you can possibly use CGI to fill in the background. You probably don't need that many suits in actuality.

Do you have a demo reel?

You might not want to have one prop house make ALL your costumes unless there's a real specific reason to. Shop around. The best prop makers aren't always going go be the best suit makers.

Also, think about what's the largest number of practical suits you'll need on screen, and figure where you can possibly use CGI to fill in the background. You probably don't need that many suits in actuality.

Do you have a demo reel?

You'd be surprised how many actors they have on movies. Saving Private Ryan had 1000 actors on the beach battle. Also I wasn't planning on having the costume makers also do the props. I thought it would be nice to split the work and give it to 2. And the only suit quantity that would probably change are the marines. There's a lot of them.

IF you are going to make this movie than make it MATURE. It would be really hard to make a kid friendly movie about a war between humans and a Alien Covenant that commited genocide whereever they went - killing humans by the millions, destroying planets etc.

IF you are going to make this movie than make it MATURE. It would be really hard to make a kid friendly movie about a war between humans and a Alien Covenant that commited genocide whereever they went - killing humans by the millions, destroying planets etc.

That is one thing we knew we couldn't do was make it kid friendly. We wanted Frederic to go ballistic with his knife envy, so its going to get really bloody. Also, is there any cursing in Halo? Its been a bit since I played the games so I can't remember.

lets see halo one "what the hell" and that's as far as they when but I won't say marines or odst won't.

what i would like to see is this based on/in Halo 4, meaning like halo 4 armor, enemies, such as the Promethean. It'd be cool to see them having armor like Locus and Fotus, Wetworks, things like that.

Please use the Halo 3 Marine uniforms. They look distinctly more "halo" than the Reach variants, in my humble opinion.

Also be careful trying to film anything like the trainees attempt riding underneath the trucks, even if it looks like there's room for a person that can kill you if you hit a bump.

Please use the Halo 3 Marine uniforms. They look distinctly more "halo" than the Reach variants, in my humble opinion.

Also be careful trying to film anything like the trainees attempt riding underneath the trucks, even if it looks like there's room for a person that can kill you if you hit a bump.

We definitely will see Halo 3 marines. But we might also include military police from Reach. And what might you be referring to when you say riding underneath trucks?

what i would like to see is this based on/in Halo 4, meaning like halo 4 armor, enemies, such as the Promethean. It'd be cool to see them having armor like Locus and Fotus, Wetworks, things like that.

Nothing from Halo 4 will be included. That is way after Reach an this is before Reach. And Spartan lV's are pretty much ODST's in retarded looking armour. They shouldn't have the title of spartan. This is my opinion. 343 comes up with good environment designs but they really suck when it comes to armour and weapons.

We definitely will see Halo 3 marines. But we might also include military police from Reach. And what might you be referring to when you say riding underneath trucks?

There was a passage in the 'Fall of Reach' novel where John and the other trainees hid under a Marine truck to infiltrate their camp and steal a flag/plant explosives. One of the exercises Mendez had them do. Only a minor scene, not exactly integral to the story.

There was a passage in the 'Fall of Reach' novel where John and the other trainees hid under a Marine truck to infiltrate their camp and steal a flag/plant explosives. One of the exercises Mendez had them do. Only a minor scene, not exactly integral to the story.

It shouldn't be a problem. Since there will be quite a bit of stunts in this, we'll be bringing in the professionals.

oh I know what your talking about canteen full of battery acid some rags and a flash bang under a barracks lol we win.

- - - Updated - - -

It shouldn't be a problem. Since there will be quite a bit of stunts in this, we'll be bringing in the professionals.

are you getting bam bam?

no I'm talk bam bam Branford the best stunt planner ever he did stargate, halo fud, and dozens more.

This is just my opinion, but I absolutely hate what Reach did to the perception of Spartans. In the books it is said multiple times that all the Spartan IIs are almost indistinguishable from each other. Even from male to female. The books make mention of the fact that Halsey is one of the only people that can tell them apart due to their body language. Their armor was always the same, and they were all the same metallic green color. They sometimes had different attachments to their helmets, like different optics and the like, but the base armor was always the same. You can also reference the line in Reach where Halsey is clearly displeased with the modifications Jorge had made to his armor. Reach was cool in that you could customize your Spartan, but I think it made everyone think that that's how all the Spartans were. The Package from Halo: Legends was my least favorite short for this exact reason. I think it would be really cool if all your Spartans looked exactly the same, but that's just me.

Yeah but they were all different colors. I also never liked that mark IV design, I much preferred the design from Halo Wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back