Pepakura armor question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I am just about ready to start glue gunning the pep pieces I have cut out. However, I printed them at the default scale, meaning it might be a bit large. The reason for this, is that I am going to experiment with the idea of a thick layer of foam inside the armor to fill the space. The bigger scale armor will probably look more like master chiefs, because the bigger muscles and chest and such will probably do the trick.

My questions:, is this a good idea? Has it ever been done? What is the size of a fully assembled set of pep armor done with the default scale. I know there has to be some use for the extra space, is it possible to make the entire suit have an Air Condition network all throughout it?

~PillowFire

making it bigger and adding padding to look like the Master chiefs size all comes down to one question- are you 7 foot tall?

the default scale size is prolly for somone 7ft. tall and a muscular build

and about the air condition network, try private messaging someone who has their armor built or read som of the posts in the creation area, just dont post anything

well, I am about 5 ft plus, I havn't really measured my height in a bit, but then, I have been thinking a lot lately, is it possible to make a person fit into armor that is made for someone 7 ft tall? maybe add some stilts or something inside, lol.

Edit: Well either way, if this doesn't work out, would the helm still be usable, at least, and not look weird with smaller armor? Because I can think of some good things to fill the helm with.

i would just use the scaling sticky in the pep forum and re do it according to your own height. i made a left bicep at my scale and it still looks big, i dont even know if i can bend my arm in it once i put on the chest and arm pieces.

PillowFire said:
well, I am about 5 ft plus, I havn't really measured my height in a bit, but then, I have been thinking a lot lately, is it possible to make a person fit into armor that is made for someone 7 ft tall? maybe add some stilts or something inside, lol.

Edit: Well either way, if this doesn't work out, would the helm still be usable, at least, and not look weird with smaller armor? Because I can think of some good things to fill the helm with.

to me the stilts would be more of a hassle than rescaling it, my massive helm i just said screw it and iam gunna work on the right size soon. and wearing a massive helm with small armor- one phrase comes to mind- "Big head mode" my uncle and i were jokin around sayin that with the one i made.

Last edited by a moderator:
well...guess that won't work out well then, but the scaling thing seems like a bit of a hassle, since even if you know your measurements, it can still come out wrong, that's why I am going to at least finish glue gunning the one I have now so that I have some sort of idea of the scale that I need.

PillowFire said:
well...guess that won't work out well then, but the scaling thing seems like a bit of a hassle, since even if you know your measurements, it can still come out wrong, that's why I am going to at least finish glue gunning the one I have now so that I have some sort of idea of the scale that I need.

well, rescaling can be a hassle but dont give up on it. my uncle took the pieces and went to a copy machine at his work and did 4 different sizes, so far he has plans for a small, medium and large.

its a good idea to keep the big one for scaling options. iam using paper mache on my massive helm and painting it red for a show piece, plus i wont waste fiber glass on somthing i wont wear.

I don't mean I am going to fiber glass it, I mean I am going to just finish assembling the paper parts together and then I will try it on to get an idea of what size helm I need.

PillowFire said:
I don't mean I am going to fiber glass it, I mean I am going to just finish assembling the paper parts together and then I will try it on to get an idea of what size helm I need.

i was talkin about fiberglassing mine.

Well i would take it your new to the whole pep thing. So ill add my .002. Trust me pep sounds easy and fun to do, but after you get the whole fiberglass thing going, you hate it with all your heart. I tryed pep awhile back, and it is very hard to do if you do not have the patients to work with it, and the consitration to work fast (as the resin drys very fast). But all i can say is, dont give up if you mess up, just give it time and youll get the hang of it. And for the whole suit thing, it probably is the scale to master chief so i would say 7'. So if you 5' 4'' and you want to wear it, good luck :p.

My dad and I had thought about this problem when we pepped out my helmet. If you don't scale it to your size it does look a little goofy. I am 5'6" and when we started it out it was absolutely too big for me so we resized it. It doesn't mess up the authentic look of the suit when you size it out to you.

My dad didn't have to resize his helmet and when I put it on it is obvious that I am too small, I look like a halo bobble head. And he is 6'1".

My helmet is scaled down and we still had to fill in the space inside so it didn't slip when I wear it, I recommend you do some reading on sizing and how to make sure you do it right, that way you will get the best, most well fitting result from your hard work. Happy pepping!

My dad and I had thought about this problem when we pepped out my helmet. If you don't scale it to your size it does look a little goofy. I am 5'6" and when we started it out it was absolutely too big for me so we resized it. It doesn't mess up the authentic look of the suit when you size it out to you.

My dad didn't have to resize his helmet and when I put it on it is obvious that I am too small, I look like a halo bobble head. And he is 6'1".

My helmet is scaled down and we still had to fill in the space inside so it didn't slip when I wear it, I recommend you do some reading on sizing and how to make sure you do it right, that way you will get the best, most well fitting result from your hard work. Happy pepping!

Thanks for the input, but this thread is getting on for nine years dead. I'm not sure which hole you dug it up from, but it's probably better off that you leave it there.

In the future, please bear in mind that we don't encourage posting in threads that have been inactive for more than a month or two. Check the date of the previous post before entering your own and make sure you're not resurrecting a thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back