Halo Reach Noble 6 Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellJumper149

halo-logo-pnghalo_reach_logo-natro64-zgmim1z0.png

Starting up a new project here, going for a Halo Reach spartan. just starting to make test sizes for the helmet, which some friendly folk of the forum helped me find the file for!
Anyway, i'm being fairly ambitious with this one, and want to get all the details! i also want to input systems that will insure i will be nice and cool all day wile wearing the suit! something i bet we could all use. i might either use fans in the armor, or go with a sort of water cooling system, which i'd have to do some research for. I'll be posting pictures of the progress, and anyone who has any ideas for me, don't be afraid to share! its only my second cosplay I've made, so i'm still a noob!
I'll be using EVA foam, and L200 for the armor on the body, and Pepakura for the helmet.

Heres what i want the end product to look like, just with the up-Armored variant of that helmet instead.

Spartan.png

Attachments

• Spartan.png
    Spartan.png
    814.5 KB · Views: 1,881
sounds sweet, can't wait to see the progress on this one.. i like reading on everyones build, i haven't started mine yet cuz I'm still researching but i think I'm at a loss with using a mac lol. i can't open any pep files lol.. more research i guess haha

it looks like you and I are doing very similar designs. Our only differences seem to be the shoulders and I'm putting the collar on the chest. I'll have to make sure I watch your thread to compare!

After 3 days of working on painful pepakura, I've made progress. after making different test pieces to find about the right size, i set to work with card stock! this is what I've got so far.

image (3).jpg
finished back

IMG_20150411_092421.jpg
finished one of the ear pieces

IMG_20150411_103108.jpg
half way done with the other ear piece

it looks like you and I are doing very similar designs. Our only differences seem to be the shoulders and I'm putting the collar on the chest. I'll have to make sure I watch your thread to compare!

oh sweet! well now i'm certainly going to be watching yours too!

- - - Updated - - -

thanks haha I might just do another ODST build but change it up

I almost did an ODST, but i just liked the spartans a bit better, little more detail, and i just really wanted to push my skills and see what i can make

Alright, so i was looking for a pepakura file for the helmet attachment i wanted, but in the file archive, the helmet attachments folder is empty, and i somehow can't find it anywhere. sorry to trouble any of you, but can i have help finding it?
I'm looking for the UA helmet attachment for the MK V B helmet.
Mark_V-B-_UA.jpg
it's just an extended visor piece, and another armor plate on top

Thanks for your time

Progression! i Started on the under-suit. i got a compression fit shirt and compression fit pants to best pull off the look. Also started making the peices to attach to it. i'll probably have the armor attach via Velcro, cause i have a bunch, and its pretty awesome for that.
also more work on the helmet :D
under suit.jpg
Under-suit of compression shirt and pants

knees.jpg
knee pad pieces, part of the undersuit

helmet new.jpg
almost finished with this thing. getting sick of paper and super glue

Attachments

• under suit knees.jpg
    under suit knees.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 369
looking good so far, I love halo Reach builds. Ill be keeping an eye on this build

Finally finished the helmet, ready to move on to other things!

helmet finished.jpg
doesn't look to shabby

Haven't done much else, waiting for my foam to come in the mail on monday, trying out some L200 for the first time. i recently got a dremel tool, just trying to learn how to use it. i've thrown together a Tac Pad to test it out with

Tac Pad.jpg
it's really rough, i have a LOT to learn...

At least you're learning. We all have to start somewhere :eek:)
Now if you're going for a really rugged look, that would be perfect. Nice pep work on the helmet as well!

Finally finished the helmet, ready to move on to other things!

View attachment 11218
doesn't look to shabby

Haven't done much else, waiting for my foam to come in the mail on monday, trying out some L200 for the first time. i recently got a dremel tool, just trying to learn how to use it. i've thrown together a Tac Pad to test it out with

View attachment 11219
it's really rough, i have a LOT to learn...

I think it looks fantastic

At least you're learning. We all have to start somewhere :eek:)
Now if you're going for a really rugged look, that would be perfect. Nice pep work on the helmet as well!

Thanks! and very truthfully stated. most skills will always start out bad, then we get better with practice

Finally got the L200 in! started working on the cod piece, so i can reference where all the other pieces on the under-suit go.

cod piece.jpg
The barge cement works REALLY well with getting really nice seams, with a little more practice in cutting, it will look even better. keep in mind most of the black lines are sharpie marker, not cracks.

image (4).jpg
I added a visor to it, file sent to me by Krauj95, since it apparently doesn't exist anywhere else? and yes, a smiley face on the visor, cause lets be honest, it was asking for it!

image (5).jpg
did a second coat on the outside just to get the newly added visor, and add more rigidity to the helmet before the inner coat

I can't help but notice the word visor refers to both the extension on the front of the helmet, and the part you look through, and i can't think of another word to describe them! try and not be confused i guess, that's all i got.

You added the visor perfectly, and it wasn't even with the pep file. Wow that's awesome.

You added the visor perfectly, and it wasn't even with the pep file. Wow that's awesome.

I used the maths to figure out how to scale it, it was a different pep file. i hoped they were the same scale to start, and lucky enough they were, so it worked out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back