Supanova project

Status
Not open for further replies.

S314

G'day all, my friend and I are undertaking the task of making our own halo costumes for next year's Supernova, as i work a lot and my friend has a hectic uni life posts will be random
im hoping many of you can give us plenty of tips in our journey and id love feed back on my ideas.
Here's a list of my ideas for my armour (most being from reach as i personally prefer the customization in it)

Helmet: Halo Reach Commando (with up link)
- EOD visor instead of the normal commando visor (cos why not)
- visor function like ODST's (going for like gold silver tint maybe)

Shoulders:
- Left: Halo Reach Commando (thinking of widening it to better cover my face a little)
- Right: Halo Reach Guninr

Chest: Halo Reach UA/Counter assault WITH Collar/Breacher
if confused look at my pic)
- changing the shotgun shells on the breacher for frag's
- adding extra stomach armour

Wrist:
- Left: Halo Reach GPU
- Right: Combat knife holster

Utility:
- magnetic style hooks for stripped down assault rifles

Knees:
- Halo Reach Fj/Para

Weapons: Stripped down Assault rifles
- dual rifles
- belt fed system
- ammunition backpack (possibly incorporate the jet pack model into it)

here's a edited pic of a vanity halo reach armour for reference
Spartan-314 - Helmet.png

Hey there SPARTAN! Great to see a new face in the community :)

Your plans seem pretty solid. Have you decided what materials you are going to build with? In the Australian Regiment forum we have a thread detailing where you can get specific materials here, instead of the materials overseas, so if you'd like me to add you to that, I can do so! Otherwise, I'm sure the tried and true pep/foam method will work very well for your Mark V suits.

i would love to be part of the Australian Regiment if you don't mind that is
i was planing to do maybe use a combination of foams like EVA for the softer parts and maybe a harder foam like Styrofoam maybe for the harder outer armour plates
Been playing halo 4 to try and get some ideas about how to make the under suit and i have also been looking at pics of assault rifles to see how i can make a stripped version of them and I've started some sketches but nothing to fancy as of yet

UPDATE

worked on the visor this afternoon and came up with a good compromise to joining the EOD and commando helmet together

halo_314_visor_sketch_by_blackenvelopes-d8qe4y4.jpg
custom_helmet_with_new_visor_by_blackenvelopes-d8qe5g0.jpgsorry its on its side, damn laptop wont let me flip it

due to work and lack of said $$$ I'm having high hopes it will be completed to a good standard by the end of 2016

So I've had a run of bad luck lately. Was in a car collision, got fines,I had to find a new job because my boss was leaving for NZ got bronchitis and the flue and so the list goes on. However a new start has opened up for me, I'm now working with one of the top 5 shop fitting companies in Australia, i have gotten a pay increase, I've gotten better, I've fixed my car, my finances are coming together and it's time to calibrate because this weekend I plan to start work on my under suit!!! :D
with the addition of making my outer suit out of MDF (because I have a large access to it with work) I'm going to have to make a custom body harness to deal with the added weight.
The plan is to get weave the harness into the under suit (and add a hydration system which will be quick release on the back n chest plates) Then layer it with foam and magnets
if anyone knows any good places in Ipswich or Brisbane to get foam can you please let me know.
any other suggestions for my suit I'm all ears
Cheers, S314

Slight design notes and changes.
Wile I was sick I had the chance to chat to my teams Medic, after careful analysis my weapon and roles in the squad have changed slightly
i am no longer doing belt fed assault rifles (much to my sadness) and only going for one assault rife, which will still be a stripped back carbine version of the assault rife for better CQB (think a slightly larger SMG) only reason I'm not going for a SMG is more the fact that as a squad we need to be able to share amo and clips, having a carbine version gives me the compact needed for CQB and still have the same stopping power of the standard assault rifle.
in place for holding more amo and clips I've devised a clever thigh rig design to hold clips
as my secondary weapon I found my role also had use of the grenade launcher and grenade pistol for more stopping power and medium anti armoire capabilities
looking at my options and some random sketches wile on my lunch breaks have led me to an interesting idea, a over and under styled grenade launcher, I know it's not halo how ever there is always room for custom gear made in the field, this gives me the ability to fire off more bang per reload. If you guys and ladies are not really into the idea then I won't do it how ever I would like to know what you all think, so let me know ^.^

so the work took an interesting turn when suddenly
BAAAAAAMMMMMM -slams table-
this project turns into a squad and the completion date pushed to 2017 :(
my friends the CO
we have a medic/assault
sniper
recon sniper/infiltrator
assault/basic
and me.....now i get the support role...
well that's just dandy! not like i had started making stuff at all (to be fair to them all i do seem to only play well in game and in real life on support or tank styles)

so in response i take the opportunity going all out with my new role and go back to my BELT FED NESSSS!!!!!!!!!!! -bottomless clip activated- swapping my assault rifle out for something a little more deadly. No longer caring about munition adaptability i hop into my reading and pic referencing coming across a rather nice looking M73 (no not the 'saw' that's M739 i believe) but im not done with making my background role next came my new armor....
After some casual reading of armor types and variants i happily stumble across the tank, introducing the MJOLNIR Mk VII/Grenadier variant!
i do believe i mentioned TANK. The description stated it armor was 2-3 times the thickness of your normal suit seeming to be built to shrug off both energy and physical attacks like water to a rock, not unkillable but still a fairly hard shell to crack having "reinforced with heavy-duty layers of metal alloys" going on to "The armor platting is actually tougher than that found on some medium vehicles"
sadly there seems to be only one pic of the suit and its not a full body shot so back to the drawing boards i go! although i will be trying to brig over some of my first suit design to the fro as well.
halo_concept_art_4_1920x1080_52280.jpgMJOLNIR Mk VII/Grenadier variant on far right
SPARTAN_M620_crop.pngGEN2 spartan with M73

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back