Sliced rifles

Status
Not open for further replies.

axmaxwell

Has anyone seen PDO's for Modern weapon replicas?
In particular I am looking for Sliced models.
M4 Carbine
AK-47
M1911
M9

I haven't. I'm assuming this is because once you've acquired all the materials and put in all the time, you're not really saving anything over just buying a $180 airsoft replica. Only when the object doesn't exist in reality is there much of a purpose to scratch building it.

That said, everything exists somewhere! Alternatively, there are plenty of weapon OBJs on the internet, so maybe pep would be a better way to go.

I haven't. I'm assuming this is because once you've acquired all the materials and put in all the time, you're not really saving anything over just buying a $180 airsoft replica. Only when the object doesn't exist in reality is there much of a purpose to scratch building it.

That said, everything exists somewhere! Alternatively, there are plenty of weapon OBJs on the internet, so maybe pep would be a better way to go.

I found them on themilitarypirate.blogspot.com . Im in the process of getting permissions to use the design for training purposes.

Everything from the delta ring back would be great sliced. You'd probably need to include a PVC pipe for the buttstock if you're going for the collapsible style. The Delta ring forward should be primarily PVC pipes, since pretty much everything (but the front sight) is round.

I'd suggest finding a good picture, scaling it to 1:1, and drawing it out yourself. It's basically a carved block on the outside with very little in the raised detail department. I should know, I worked on enough of them (Army, 9 years of service, unit supply/armorer)

I have my own rifles I can base off of, just not a big fan of covering them in silicone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back