Thoughts on clothing under armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Dublin

What do most people wear under their armor? I know there are expensive motorcycle suits out there but what does the average person wear? Black turtlenecks and jeans? Tights? What ends up being the most comfortable to wear after a full day?

For disclosure, I'm planning on a mark 4 armor build for Halloween. But its Halloween in Oklahoma, so it could be 70 degrees or snowing.

For torso I wear an Under Armour long sleeve breathable shirt, and then a motorcycle riding jacket on top of that. For legs I've worn both Under Armour and regular black slacks, the latter of which I'm currently using now simply for comfort. You can just do Under Armour for the top and it'd look fine, but if you want a cheap motorcycle jacket that basically everyone uses here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-...360527881792?var=&hash=item53f122e640&vxp=mtr

For my top half I wore a longsleeve compression shirt with a turtleneck. For the bottom half, I had on (don't laugh) women's leggings. Only cost about $30 - $35 for both, extremely breathable and comfortable all day. It defintely served its purpose, and I think the only thing that would look better would be actually crafting an undersuit.

I was wondering the same thing. A wet suit would be good now that I think about it. I thought having a two piece under suit would create more issues, such as how to conceal it.

I was wondering the same thing. A wet suit would be good now that I think about it. I thought having a two piece under suit would create more issues, such as how to conceal it.

I just tucked my top shirt into my leggings...with all the armor you couldn't tell at all. Plus, it's tight enough that you couldn't tell anyway.

I'm planning on having my wife make my suit for me. Basically, it will be quilted using 1mm and 2mm foamies over a loose-fit under armor top and trousers.

what i used is like a snow clothes under suit that sort of looks like a wet suit, and it has like a turtle neck on it and the inside is really comfortable but i don't now what its called.

I wear a set of automotive coveralls, with Underarmor underneath that. My situation is a little unique, as I do a classic Halo CE Mark V made out of vacuum form plastic. As such the armor is much simpler and lightweight, and I attach several pieces directly to the undersuit to gain a larger range of motion.
lrg-6173-suitsnaps.JPG
lrg-6172-suitattached.JPG

Interim underarmour for me is a black turtleneck, compression pants. Plans are to build underarm our sections to go between that and armour

what i used is like a snow clothes under suit that sort of looks like a wet suit, and it has like a turtle neck on it and the inside is really comfortable but i don't now what its called.
Unfortunately, i have no clue what it's called, BUT he has a point

Wow, these are all awesome answers. Thank you for everyone who posted. Particularly to those that submitted the links. I'm very hopeful that I can actually get this done for Halloween now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back