EVA Unggoy Build for sister in Law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobe Devian

Member DIN
S556
At the beginning of mine and my wife's last builds we commented that it would be nice to include her sister in the costuming since we go to the bigger con's here with her. She is only about 5 feet tall (~1.5m) so she would be the perfect height for a Grunt. We decided to not be overambitious as we knew there wouldn't be time to have that one completed as well as our own. Now that the MK5 and Noble 6 are built it's time to get started on the covenant part of our trio.
[Update: sister in law has pulled out on this project. I still have a nephew so there's at least one potential victim (I mean costume model) left]

I want to make the generic type of Grunt with the sharkfin, probably in orange.

It's going to be a foam build, and at this point I'm looking at the Halo 2 file from the database. Unfortunately it only has the torso section. I sent a PM off to a guy who built one a few years back asking if he still has the files he used for the face, hands and feet, I figured its a long long shot as he's been inactive since 2013 and I know I probably wouldn't still have documents from that long ago either. If I can't get the files for the other bits I'll just scratch build them.

[Update: a little searching via Google turned up a grunt pdo that had the entire grunt, looks like the same model the torso file here is from since every face and edge I compared (only about 6 or so) looked the same. So I spent Saturday morning unfolding and laying out the parts into armour and body parts. Rather than chop it up in blender which I'm not any good at yet]

I also thought that If it came down to it with the hands/feet, a papier-mache sculpt would give an appropriate shape and texture. It would be fairly light, and could still be hardened a little with resin or epoxy.

I haven't yet decided whether to go with a 'helmet' face mask for the skin detail or just the breather and she can use makeup and a hair cap thing.

This won't be a particularly fast build by the way as I have just motivated two friends to build Gears of War outfits, a work colleague to build a War Machine aaaannnd the wife and I want to do a Tex and Wash pair of MK6's, oh yeah and we still want to make assault rifles with full electronics (projects building up faster than I can build)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back