Pepakura survey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

demonkiller77

When you are doing pepakura. What is your main way of doing it? Do you cut the paper into smaller sized peaces? Do you use a ruler when you do. Do you see a considerable difference? I'm just curious what other people methods are.

When you are doing pepakura. What is your main way of doing it? Do you cut the paper into smaller sized peaces? Do you use a ruler when you do. Do you see a considerable difference? I'm just curious what other people methods are.

Aye, I usually use a pair of scissors to cut like the normal tabs and pieces out of the paper. When I get those tiny tabs, I use an uber sharp knife to cut it. Normally I use a ruler when it comes to the valley folds, and typically do the mountain folds by hand without a ruler. Depends on how the tab is and some other things. I typically use wood glue by Titebond. I find the wood glue works much better at securing the tabs to other pieces. It actually cures stronger than the paper :joy:

Normally, when I was using like an X-acto to cut pieces out, I would just free hand cut it without using a ruler. I found that I messed up on cuts more often free hand, but it works better with larger pieces/parts of pep. Using scissors is slightly less accurate than using an x-acto with a ruler, but it is a little faster for me to do.

Aye, I usually use a pair of scissors to cut like the normal tabs and pieces out of the paper. When I get those tiny tabs, I use an uber sharp knife to cut it. Normally I use a ruler when it comes to the valley folds, and typically do the mountain folds by hand without a ruler. Depends on how the tab is and some other things. I typically use wood glue by Titebond. I find the wood glue works much better at securing the tabs to other pieces. It actually cures stronger than the paper :joy:

Normally, when I was using like an X-acto to cut pieces out, I would just free hand cut it without using a ruler. I found that I messed up on cuts more often free hand, but it works better with larger pieces/parts of pep. Using scissors is slightly less accurate than using an x-acto with a ruler, but it is a little faster for me to do.

I never considered using sciccers might start using the on the longer straights. I use a pen to mark Valley lines and mountains to push the paper down a little before folding.

I never considered using sciccers might start using the on the longer straights. I use a pen to mark Valley lines and mountains to push the paper down a little before folding.

Yeah. Scissors work great for cutting out larger pieces. BUT! This will make your scissors dull suuuuuppppeeeerrrr fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back