How much resin for a helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

HKurtyka

Just want to make sure that I don't buy too little and have to buy more, how much resin (I'm looking at epoxy) would typically be needed for a helmet. I know size of helmets differ, but I'm just looking for a ballpark figure. With what I'm considering buying it would be about 1kg - 1.2kg of resin I would purchase, which I think should be enough, but still it can't hurt to check.

Your options are 1 quart or a gallon. For a helmet you need less then a quart.

From experience I would say use as little as possible I built a Rouge helmet and used a good bit of resin with matte to reinforce it. It came out really strong but weighs about ten pounds.

I would agree with ErMaC, less than a quart. But as i see you use the metric system (The ONLY GOOD system) that would roughly equate to 950ml. Any advice would be to apply it lighty, and not drown it in resin. even though ten pounds is only 4 1/2 kilos. (No Offense to anybody that uses the Imperial system, but everything sounds so much bigger than metric)

Ok thanks, I have ordered 1.2 kg plus some fiberglass cloth, so a bit over a quart and the cloth will give it strength. I'm currently only planning on doing a helmet so that will be enough for my project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back