Agent Texas Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

londondee

Hi Everyone!

I finally began to build my armour and it was much harder than I had thought! I am planning on cosplaying as Agent Texas this September and am using the Mjolnir Powered Assault Armour Mark VI as my guide. I am trying to build my costume as close to the reference as I can but will be making some small adjustments ...

I have finished the first bit of work on the boots - I still need to sand out the edges, do the Plastidip and paint and also fix the strapping on the front but I feel that I have made a good start.

As a Mac user I don't have constant access to Pepakura so I made the templates for these shoes by looking at the reference pictures posted online and made some adjustments.

IMG_1525.JPG IMG_1563.jpg

I used platform shoes to give me some extra height so I had to raise the back of the boot and widen the straps to cover my shoe. I covered the shoe in the thick foam and then used two different types of thinner craft foam to make the exterior details. I was able to secure strapping to keep the boots stuck to my shoes and it is quite comfy to walk about - the only thing is I look like I have massive feet!

IMG_1555.jpg IMG_1560.jpg

I'll tighten up the strapping on the front but otherwise I am quite pleased with the boots a this was my first try at working with the foam.

I will move up to the shins next - hopefully I will be able to complete them soon - the boots took me ages!

Any tips or feedback would be welcome

Those boots were made for walking. And I'm guessing that's just what they'll do lol. I agree, you do a fantastic job with foam and making it look super clean. Keep it up!

Looks good! This will definitely look awesome when it's done... I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT! Also, props for making templates yourself from reference pics.

Can't wait to see the finished product! I'm not really new to the armor building scene, but I hope my first build starts that good. One day, somewhere, some people are going to do a RvB in real life, and I wanna be Tucker.

The boots look awesome but you may try using a heat tool or heat gun a little more.

Thanks - I have used the heat gun on the thigh parts and they came out all nice and curvy - I am learning as I go ...

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Can't wait to see the finished product! I'm not really new to the armor building scene, but I hope my first build starts that good. One day, somewhere, some people are going to do a RvB in real life, and I wanna be Tucker.

Bow Chicka Bow Wow!

Thanks for the support everyone! This is the first time I posted anything I made so I was nervous to put it out there.

I have an update - I finished the hand plates and have nearly finished the thigh pieces, the shins looked a bit more complicated so I skipped them for now.

Here is a picture of the hand plate which I will be attaching to the gloves with some heavy duty velcro - does anyone have any tips on the best way to attach these?

IMG_1568.jpg

I was able to curve them to fit my hands but that does not seem to show in the picture.

I have a bit of work to finish up on the thigh parts and I will be nearly finished them! I am a bit worried about the chest and the helmet though - they look like they will be really difficult.

Here is what I have for the thighs so far ...

IMG_1583.JPG IMG_1580.JPG IMG_1579.JPG

To build the thigh pieces I just took one big bit of paper and developed a pattern by wrapping it around my leg and sketching the shape of the thigh piece. I added some valley folds ands then curved the piece to fit my leg to get a nice smooth look for the thigh. I then added the details in layers of thin craft foam (Michaels ran out of white but I think the colours makes the building more fin). I have added a parachute buckle to the inside strapping for each thigh so I can take them off easily.

All I have left is to add the inner thigh part of the piece, I think I will make this out of some faux leather instead of foam - I am better with the sewing machine then dear gun...

I hope to attack the shins for real this time over the week.

I have wondered this as well. I finished my handplates first (pep, not foam), but I don't know the best way to attach them to the gloves.

The only two methods I have been able to thin up are the velcro or magnetic snaps ... velcro seams so much easier though.

Fantastic work so far can't wait to see more!

Oh also on the hand plate issue If you want to permanently attach it to the glove just run a couple of beads of hot glue on the glove and press the plate on top. Just make sure it's below the flex point between the back of your hand and the fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back