Pipkin O.D.S.T Hybrid Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, man, I hear you on that. It sucks, but it's not too bad. Just gotta pep through it all :p

Now just gotta find an ODST flag...

For my main weapon I will be modifying this Halo Reach M6 G to look more like the predecessor of the socom variant. Basically what I'm thinking is fabbing up an elongated barrel with a shroud similar to that of a WW2 era machine gun. I'm not really sure on the dimensions yet but I will probably add around six to eight inches in length. First however I need to fix the issues with the weapon itself, but I can't complain since it was a gift.
image.jpg
Even though it looks halfway descent under closer inspection it has some stuff that I deffinetly want to smooth out. Plus its not the right color for and ODST. Or at least that is my opinion.

For my main weapon I will be modifying this Halo Reach M6 G to look more like the predecessor of the socom variant. Basically what I'm thinking is fabbing up an elongated barrel with a shroud similar to that of a WW2 era machine gun. I'm not really sure on the dimensions yet but I will probably add around six to eight inches in length. First however I need to fix the issues with the weapon itself, but I can't complain since it was a gift.
View attachment 11626
Even though it looks halfway descent under closer inspection it has some stuff that I deffinetly want to smooth out. Plus its not the right color for and ODST. Or at least that is my opinion.

Can't complain if it's a gift. :p
Yeah, there's practically zero silver/the bead blast finish on the Automag. The lengthened barrel and shroud idea is an interesting one. I'd love to see how that turns out. The magnum doesn't look bad at all, but that's just a picture. Good luck with perfecting her! :D

So after doing a little digging I found an actual reference to a suppressor attachment to the standard issue magnum. This is good because at least now I have an idea of what I need to make to stay loosly within the lines of the Halo universe.
image.jpg

So after doing a little digging I found an actual reference to a suppressor attachment to the standard issue magnum. This is good because at least now I have an idea of what I need to make to stay loosly within the lines of the Halo universe.
View attachment 11649

Cool! So you could just get some PVC tubing, like 1.25" OD diameter for the body of the silencer. Cool stuff! I like where you're goin with this :D

Okay this is just badass. I love it.
I'm wanting to start my suit but I was worried about messing up the helmet. (I agree I think that's one of the most important parts) is Sean a member here or have a website he sales helmets from?
Also how did you get the led lights to stay on the inside? Hot glue gun?

Both here is his website https://costumedork.wordpress.com/dorkstore/
He also makes entire kits for the suits and a backpack from vacuum formed plastic. They are priced fairly reasonable.
For the lights I wrapped them in tape since they are two book lights and hot glued a piece of Velcro to the tape the other piece is just stuck in the helmet via the sticky backing. It makes for a quick and easy removal if one of the lights go bad. Plus I only have about $5 in the whole setup.
image.jpg
Just snap the little plastic arm off and pull off the chrome cap on the end for compact, cheap, and easy lighting.

So here's my idea for a suppressed magnum. I started with the m6 g painted it black to reveal all of its ugly secrets, which of course I will fix later. Then I constructed a supressor from a synthetic paper towel tube and some scrap pieces of pvc I found in a box in our shed. To attach it I cut down a pencil which I can force down the barrel and a stuck the cap from a sharpie on top to make it fit tight in the pvc adapter. Once I sand down the rough edges from whereI cut it I'll glue it together and fill it with some glazing putty to smooth out any bad spots. I might add some vent holes in it but I'm going to have to find some tubing to go inside of it, but for now here is how it stands. If it's not clear the supressor is a little shy of 8 inches, and the gun with it attached is a total of 18 inches.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Thanks! Deffinetly will have to look and see if I can find some of those others! I'm curious to see what other people's designs look like.

Here's a tiny update for you guys!
So small it's microscopic!
After looking at other builders amazingly accurate odst gloves made from materials that are both out of my budget and comprehensive knowledge I have decided to create my own cheaper alternative out of foamies and some weightlifting gloves. And for those whom it applies here's a template for you. (Note it is scaled in inches to fit my hand)
odst glove.png

Ahoy! Everything is looking good here so far :thumbsup
I also had to go a cheaper route when making my ODST gloves, ended up using foamies myself actually. I never got around to posting a cleaned up vector graphic like I planned, but it seems you've got a good layout already drawn up. Nevertheless, If you think seeing an end result for reference while using this technique might be useful, they appear in post #57 of my thread.

I'll have to give them a look! Any problems with the foamies like tearing or comeing apart when bending the hand?

Definitely won't be coming apart anywhere that's been attached with hot glue, the foam is more likely to tear before that happens. I can't say that I've had any issues with their durability, but they don't exactly get a lot of usage, lol. As long as they are not mounted in a way that allows stretching or torsion forces then they should hold up well, mine have in testing. Blasting them with a heat gun on high helped tighten up the foam and make the surface a little more resilient too, just don't keep the heat on for very long at all.

Thats good to here. Will try the heating idea as well. I'm will probably make a few sets just to have extras if one breaks.

For starters I guess I need to apologize for letting my thread die. Over the past few months I have moved and been going to college so it has taken its toll on the amount of progress I have made. Not to mention moving resulted in the destruction of a number of the torso assets which has set me back even more. The good news is I'm back in action now, progress may be slow but I hope to keep up with more frequent updates.
For the first round of new stuff is the completed belt and crotch plate along with a slight modification to the helmets main emblem. Enjoy!
photo 1.JPG
As you can see I no longer have the side plates for the stomach and the hip plates were crushed as well.Below is the finished belt buckle.
photo 3.JPG
Followed by the crotch plate. With holes to run the straps through.
photo 2.JPG
Last but not least is the new angel of death emblem on the front of the helmet. This was achieved with a vinyl skull placed over the cut down spartan logo.
photo 4.JPG
And some added detail from the WETA Odst
photo.JPG

Here's another round of updates for you guys! For starters I have finally figured out how to attach the chest assets together. Considering my engineering skills are not the greatest I am actually a little proud of myself. Also for the first time I actually got to hold a portion of the suit in front of the mirror! To go along with this after careful consideration I have purchased the beginnings of what will become the suit's under armor. This of course was based off of several other 405th members' use of the same suit for typically spartan armor. Lastly I have the first few pics of the assembled prototype magnum. (Note it still needs some detailing to before I can say its completely finished.
photo 1 (1).JPG
Sorry for the grainy quality. The only full length mirror seems to be in the darkest room in our house.
photo 2 (1).JPG
Extremely ugly, but completely functional.
photo 3 (2).JPG
Mobility wise I should have no problem bending over.
photo 1 (2).JPGphoto 2 (2).JPG
Lastly for those that want to know the jacket that I picked up can be found for around 35$ on ebay. Just note that it's chinese and sizing typically runs smaller, so you might want to read the measurements closely before picking a size.
New-Arrived-Pare-pierre-Gilet-Jackets-Protector-Body-font-b-Armor-b-font-font-b-Motorcycle.jpg

Looks really good! Funny enough I used that same motorcycle suit for my undersuit. I got my in large and thankfully that fits but kinda tight fit but its always good to get a size larger if something involves clothes is Chinese. I love the how you are mixing up how you want the build to look its really looking good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back