Fiberglass Screw Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teroniss

So I'm new to the whole fiberglass helmet thing and was trying my hand on it with a sith acolyte pepakura file I found, but after I applied the fiberglass, I get the feeling I screwed up, cuz I have some major airbubbles as you can see. Any way to fix this at this point?
tumblr_nnhf17Dkoy1t5w0v2o1_1280.jpg

Try and cut them open and off? Maybe give yourself enough of an opening to get some Rondo in there? This is why I like to use rondo to put down my first layer of Fiberglass Cloth on any surface.

Your best bet is to do what, Sithslayer78, said. During glassing, if I get an air bubble, I just pat it down with the paint brush that has resin on it. Typically, a good way to not get air bubbles, is to paint the resin onto the strip of fiberglass, then carefully place it inside the piece you're glassing. Lay it on like a sticker, when you're trying to not let any air bubbles get trapped under it. If there is an air bubble, you could use a paint brush to sort of push the air bubble to the edge of the fiberglass then flatten the fiberglass there.

I tried the Rondo tip. Seems to have worked, but it added a bit of bulk inside. Hope I'm able to sand out down enough that it doesn't affect the fit, as I literally made the scale to fairy form fitting

Yeah, fiberglass work can be distressing at times. Sometimes I also like to stab at bubbles to get them to stay put if your fiberglass is sticking to the brush. While sticking is a problem caused by having smaller bits of fiberglass instead of one large sheet, it ensures that fiberglass gets everywhere you need (even if it takes a few layers).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back