Boots, Built on existing shoe, or from scratch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darktemplar

Jr Member
Hey, just before i start creating my own custom suit (Modeled after my Halo: Reach character) i wondered, with the boots of the suit, can you build them without an existing shoe, to wear as a shoe? (DUN DUN DAAAA!)

Yes you can, thats exactly what I did for my Emile build, though I plan on putting some insoles inside the boot to make it more comfortable to walk in

WP_20150409_19_08_51_Pro.jpg

I put the shoes on I wanted and then took my measurement to put into Pepakura Designer. Then, I built my boot around my shoe.

Some people prefer building around a shoe in because it'll automatically give you added height, but you can also add height by just adding more foam on the bottom of a foam-only boot.

The only question you should ask yourself is: what do I want to be standing around in hours at a time at a convention?

I've seen one guy build his around a sandal and he used foam on the bottom to add a wedge and build up his height.

We're Spartans after all, we should be tall!

Well, to be honest im already quite tall for my age (5ft 7'' at fifteen, still due for the growth spurt) and i'm one of the tallest people in my grade (Behind 6ft 3'' giant, ), and i'll probably just rip a sole of the bottom of some shoes so it's not just paper. (Using pepakura, cause it's cheap, easy-ish, and strong. Plus i can just rips some soles of a pair of shoes and mold the boots around them. (Us aussies are built tough, The whole country tries to kill you, LOOK.

I used an insertion rubber sole for my boots, followed by a foam layer and then a thick pair of modified gum boots at the core. That's what I put the fibreglass plates onto, adds loads of height and it is incredibly durable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back