Soft Parts custom ODST under-suit WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashuraa

Research Team Lead
Member DIN
S015
I started making a custom under-suit for my ODST. I utilized the imagery that Cpl Shepard was kind enough to post in this thread... http://www.405th.com/f22/odst-undersuit-44444/

Now here are some of the pics of the work in progress.

cosstume updates 428 002.JPG
cosstume updates 428 004.JPG

Now me wearing the under-suit with me working on making the pattern for the neck seal that will go with it, and be attached.
What i did to make the pattern for my neck seal was to wrap my neck in plastic wrap, then coated it in duck tape. When you cut it off, and then cut it into pieces that makes an instant pattern for me to cut my fabric from.
cosstume updates 428 006.JPG
cosstume updates 428 006.JPG
cosstume updates 428 007.JPG
cosstume updates 428 009.JPG
cosstume updates 428 010.JPG
cosstume updates 428 011.JPG
cosstume updates 428 011.JPG
cosstume updates 428 012.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks interesting... How well does the material you're going to use for your neck seal, breathe? Definitely subbing to this thread...

I am using 4 different materials for all of my suit.
A light grey 4 way thin breathable fabric.
a black with a sheen to it cotton rayon blend.
A black vinyl 4 way stretch, which is what my neck-seal will be made of
and a white 4 way stretch mesh type fabric.
All 4 fabrics are very light weight. The vinyl is used in the black that goes across my upper chest, my neck seal, and the pauldrons on my arms.

Very interested in watching your progress on this!

Glad folks are making use of it, looks promising.

Neck seal seems like the toughest part, getting it to hold high enough comfortably while not exposing skin under the helmet is tricky. Good luck.

Nicely done, lady!

how much mobility do you have? Looks good though.....but does it choke you?

how much mobility do you have? Looks good though.....but does it choke you?

I have full mobility in it. It really is not that tight against my neck. It stays in place and does not fall down though. In the back the seal is split and has a Velcro enclosure.

That does look really good, but don't be afraid to just use BDU/ACU (airsoft or military) pants, as those look really similar to what appears under the armor in halo 3, ODST, and reach

That looks good, I'm going to use your neck seal method for my builds in the future. Thanks for the idea! :D Have you thought about using a material like ripstop nylon for the main parts of the undersuit? It's lightweight, breathable, and waterproof, and it's somewhat textured with that nice synthetic look to it. That could help mitigate some of the breathability issues inherent with a undersuit build. And for a added bit of authenticity, it's the same material used as the US military in its uniforms.

It has very nice breathability at this time. I actually wear another layer of shapewear control under it and don't get to hot. The fabric is very thin,and with the 4 way stretch to moves freely, even with it being close to the body for the undersuit. The warmest part is the neck seal because it is thicker and it has a faux leather layer on the outside.
Noodle109 Thank you for the idea of the BDU's. I currently wear a pair of black capris that I have added detail to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back