Custom ODST build - TheUX31EGuy

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUX31EGuy

Jr Member
Hey 405th! TheUX31EGuy here, decided to start a thread for my ODST build.

Helmet: Finished pep'ing the base helmet, going to add UA addons...

Torso:

Chest plate: Finished Pep'ing (gonna post pics a little later {file by Kirrou})
DSCN1761.JPG

Rib plates: one pep'ed (going to get started on the other soon, pics will be uploaded later {file by Hugh Holder})
DSCN1767.JPG

Stomach Plate: Yet to be started (file by Hugh Holder)
Utility Plates: Yet to be started (file by Hugh Holder)
Chest Core: Yet to be started (file by Hugh Holder)

Legs:

Thighs: Yet to be started
Shins: Yet to be started
Boot covers: Yet to be started

Thank you for checking out my thread for my ODST armor! :D
ALSO! Major thanks to Hugh Holder and Kirrou for the armor files! Truly the best in the world! Much thanks to HaloGoddess for her scaling thread (http://www.405th.com/f19/halogoddess-how-scale-more-tutorial-31627/)! :D

Hey, i started my own thread about my armour as well, but i doubt it'll be finished when yours is.

Looking forward to the end!

(Ha! you don't know what one i'm talking about MU HA HA HA!)

Hey, i started my own thread about my armour as well, but i doubt it'll be finished when yours is.

Looking forward to the end!

(Ha! you don't know what one i'm talking about MU HA HA HA!)

Possibly, my schedule is erratic. Atleast summer break is comin soon :D
I'll have to check out your thread! :D

A double post... Noooooo! Anyways, sorry for the lack of updates, 405th. Things have gotten a little busy for me, and armor building isn't the most important thing in life. Anyways, I'm curious, I haven't found anything about how to make an ODST flag. I'd love to have one from the ODST live action trailer:

Anybody know how to go about making one?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd suggest sewing it...

Well, if you've got a bit of money then with $20-30 NZD (about $15-22 USD) I'm sure you should be able to buy a cheap sewing kit (unless you have access to a sewing machine), thread and some fabric. If you don't know how to hand-sew (or use a sewing machine as the case may be) it's not hard to learn and I'm sure wikihow or some other such tutorial website can teach you.

Personally, I've been planning on sewing my undersuit. I mention that because the skills you learn with this flag can be abundantly useful later on.

I hope this has been helpful. If you do make the flag, I'd love to see it!

Regards,

Thank you, Sir. I'll look into tutorials on sewing. if I go through with it (I probably will, depends), the 405th will be the first to know.

Looking good, and when you stick that flag you might want to add a backing onto it. You can't see the seams and thats what it looks like they did in the video.

Looking good, and when you stick that flag you might want to add a backing onto it. You can't see the seams and thats what it looks like they did in the video.

I'm thinking about making it like, double sided? I guess, the best way to explain what I mean is like, you know how the U.S. flag is? Like that. Viewable from both sides.

No, you can't see the seams from the back, so it looks like there are 2 layers of red fabric. If you look at when they fold it in the clip the back is plain.

---UPDATE: 2300 UNIFORM, MAY 24, 2015---

Well, not much has been done on the build. Got side tracked with a Red Hood helmet...
Am currently trying to get to the point where I can unfold a 3d helmet model ripped from ODST...
Found that the model is asymmetric. But, because of a bit of perfectionist in me, it keeps bugging the living hell outta me. So, I sliced the model in half, duplicated the half, then mirrored it on the Z axis in Netfabb Basic. Imported it to Meshlab, and I can't seem to make it water tight using the Filters>Mesh Layer>Flatten Visible Layers. It combines the two halves of the helmet, but it isn't watertight as shown by Pep Designer's red line right down the middle on the model :(

Looking forward to seeing that helmet pepped! I'm looking forward to that flag too. I like SPARTANs, but ODSTs seem a bit more... Realistic, if you know what I mean.

---UPDATE: 0030 UNIFORM, MAY 25, 2015---

Much thanks to
quick221 for fixing the problem with the helmet. Unfold is currently underway. Will be uploaded to file archive after it's peped.
Currently thinking of making it into the UA variant of the ODST helmet...

---UPDATE: 1345 UNIFORM, MAY 26, 2015---

EEEEEK! Double post! What kind of person am I turning into..?! Slowly making more progress on the armor... Helmet has been pepped. Going for the UA ODST look, so that'll get started soon. Will post pics of it after school... Will be uploading the file for the helmet to the archive later. Much thanks to Chernobyl for ripping the file, and much thanks to quick221 for fixing the model. Degree threshold has been dropped to 160 on this model, so most of the smoothing has already been done for you. The grooves on the HD ODST helmets isn't present on this model. Recommending anyone, who wants to make an ODST helmet using this model, to get a triangular file (for example this one: http://www.amazon.com/TEKTON-6692-6...id=1432672870&sr=8-1&keywords=triangular+file) to cut the grooves after applying body filler to the outside of it. The visor for it will also be uploaded to the archive as the helmet and the visor are seperate. The helmet shouldn't require further scaling, but do as you will.

Queston: How well would it work to use a heat gun to get the sheet of lexan or plastic to melt over the fiberglassed visor to create the visor for the helmet? Just curious, as I've never completed a helmet before, much less done a visor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back