tips on not getting bored while working on my 1st helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

webtiger

I would like to know if anyone out there had tips on keeping my project going and not stopping and also suggestions for easy helmets and guns to make

I like watching netflix and youtube. Music can also help. Look for LD(low detail/definition) models, they have less polygons, which means less faces, which means larger parts, and easier overall. Im currently working on a Facade of the Hezen Lords helmet for warlocks from Destiny. I had to unfold it myself because I couldnt find an unfolded one, and finding a good scale is a little difficult. Either way, best of luck!

I'm brand new to this stuff, much like you are, and I'm finding myself staying focused by multi-tasking. Must like Ghost suggested, I watch videos on Youtube, watch Anime, listen to music, and I take a lot of breaks. I also try to talk to people on Skype too. It helps having patience and also spreading out your timing if you can. Due to real life, I can't sit down for six hours at a time and just build my helmet, so I use building it more of a "get away from it all" type of thing, and it works. Well, it's worked so far! I have given myself plenty of time to build and complete my suit, so I have a lot of time to work with. If you don't, then I'd say try to keep yourself focused with some music or some kind of television/anime. Maybe watch a marathon of Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit movies.

Building is a zen thing. You already know what you have to do, but 95% of the time it's not taking up much brain space and your fingers can do it themselves. I use podcasts, since it leaves my eyes free to focus on the detail of the work.

Occasionally I do use YouTube videos (just talking head ones though, video podcasts really, like Still Untitled and Prop: Live, I can't do ones I have to actively pay attention to like Design Cinema) but only when what I'm doing is pretty tolerant of split attention.

yea me too I like stuff you should know and tech stuff from how stuff works rvb is good to keep me entertained

I either have Netflix or listen to film scores on Youtube.

I will always make sure that whenever I start that I won't get distracted and that I have a few hours to do it. When its planned I find it a lot easier.

Occasionally I do use YouTube videos (just talking head ones though, video podcasts really, like Still Untitled and Prop: Live, I can't do ones I have to actively pay attention to like Design Cinema) but only when what I'm doing is pretty tolerant of split attention.

Wow, can't believe I didn't think of this myself. I really want to watch Prop: Live, but I never feel like staring while two people sit there and talk. Having it on while working is a great solution!

Last edited by a moderator:
that or you have enough music to make a club run for its money. song that will get stuck in your head, never never land, what does the fox say, gagman style, black eye peas, halo theme, nickel back. and that's just a few.

This is the type of project that need passion. If you get bored Look at similar builds to yours and get yourself pumped up. Join the 405th group on facebook and post updates there as wells. You get a lot of responses on the facebook version. When it comes to stopping, if you feel like you need a break from the project like a weak or two. Then take the break. I wish I did, My chest piece got a little sloppy because I'm getting a little bored with it. Performance does tend to slip if your not fully motivated on the piece.

The corners you can find yourself cutting when the deadline approaches and you are getting bored or sanding and filling.....I told myself that anything I wanted to go lazy on, I was not allowed to look back and be upset over. I still see all my flaws plain as day

I like watching netflix and youtube. Music can also help. Look for LD(low detail/definition) models, they have less polygons, which means less faces, which means larger parts, and easier overall. Im currently working on a Facade of the Hezen Lords helmet for warlocks from Destiny. I had to unfold it myself because I couldnt find an unfolded one, and finding a good scale is a little difficult. Either way, best of luck!

Hey any chance you would be willing to share the file you unfolded? I've been looking everywhere for the facade of the hezen lordz with no luck

I usually watch something Halo related when working on my Spartan. Keeps me in the Halo mood. Either some sort of stream, RvB, or one of the live action movies.

I listen to music or have RvB or something playing in the background.

But sometimes you just burn out when you have been working on your project for a long time...

But try and ride the hype/hopes and dreams train that made you want to build this project and you may be able to last....

Cookie clicker! lol, and i have the pepakura file up on my computer, so i can see exact angles and whatnot

Building is a zen thing. You already know what you have to do, but 95% of the time it's not taking up much brain space and your fingers can do it themselves. I use podcasts, since it leaves my eyes free to focus on the detail of the work.

So do i still untitled is the reason i got in to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back