Darktemplar's guide to sangheili

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darktemplar

Jr Member
Thsi is my Comprehensive guide to The Sangheili (Elite) anatomy.
Fueld by rage at NOOB that though that Elites were mutated humans (aRGHGHGHGHGHGHHGHGHGHGHG!!!!!!!!)
Enjoy.

NOTES ON SANGHEILI ANATOMY

1. Appearance
A. Extremities
B. Skin
C. External organs

2. Musculature
A. Muscles
B. Interesting facts

3. Skeletal structure
A. Cranial
B. Limb structure
C. Misc.

1. Appearance

1. Extremities
The extremities of a Sangheili are very different to that of human beings. Sangheili have Tetradactyl hands, which have two fingers, and two opposable thumbs. Their hands are much larger than a human hand. Their legs are digitigrade, which has the ‘Backwards knee’ found in many earth animals. This means that their perceivable ‘feet’ are actually the Sangheili’s toes, and what is perceived to be its ‘shin’ is actually its foot. This mode of transport is favoured by animals that need speed and agility, rather than stability. That is why the UNSC’s ‘Sharkwire’ (A thin but very strong wire is stretched between two trees, and trips any running Sangheili, resulting in a clean kill.) is so effective.

1. Skin
The Sangheili skin is much like a humans, but much thicker. It can absorb Vitamin D from the sun, and tan. The skin of a Sangheili usually is a dark grey to light brown colour, depending on the region of the Sangheili’s upraising. [See ‘Personal notes on Sangheilios’] it is usually bare, although sometimes covered in scales. It has a leathery feel and smell. It is very tough, as Sangheili have been observed running through barbed wire without receiving a scratch.

1. External organs.
This is dependent on the sangheili’s heritage. Noted physical differences in Sangheili (Males):
Navels, Lighter grey to white skin colouring,
Nipples, Ditto,
Scales on the shoulder, chest and face, Lighter to dark grey colouring,
Jaws cover the eyes, Light white skin w/ scales (Confirmed subspecies),
Sideways eyelids, all skin colourations

2. Musculature
A. Muscles
The Sangheili possess the exact same muscles as humans, but doubled in number. These results in incredible strength compared to humans. This results in a revelation, these are our natural predators. They can physically overpower nearly every human. This isn’t helped by the fact that humans aren’t built for physical confrontation.
B. Interesting facts
This includes the Cardiac muscle, which is needed to cool their larger bodies.

3. Skeletal structure
A. Cranial
Sangheili_Skull_Analysis_by_Qiu_Ling.jpg
(Sorry for the small pic)
B. Limb structure
The Sangheili have similar bones to a human, and if one was to look at the torso and arms (Excluding hands) they would look very similar except these differences:

1. They have broader chests and more ribs than a man
  2. Their shoulder blades are narrower and longer
  3. Their spine is thicker and heavier than a humans
  4. All the bones are thicker than a man’s.
  5. Sangheili corpses decompose faster than human one, no-one knows why
Their legs are digitigrade which offers speed and agility over stability. Their hands are Tetradactyl which easily crush human skulls.
C. Misc.
Sangheili’s mouth structure makes affection difficult [Source: SPARTAN-180]
Their skull plate is denser at the top than in the face
They have 46 teeth.
Their skull structure allows a wide range of movement with the mandibles, allowing the four pieces to act as a human jaw.
NOTES ON SANGHEILI ANATOMY

1. Appearance
A. Extremities
B. Skin
C. External organs

2. Musculature
A. Muscles
B. Interesting facts

3. Skeletal structure
A. Cranial
B. Limb structure
C. Misc.

1. Appearance

1. Extremities
The extremities of a Sangheili are very different to that of human beings. Sangheili have Tetradactyl hands, which have two fingers, and two opposable thumbs. Their hands are much larger than a human hand. Their legs are digitigrade, which has the ‘Backwards knee’ found in many earth animals. This means that their perceivable ‘feet’ are actually the Sangheili’s toes, and what is perceived to be its ‘shin’ is actually its foot. This mode of transport is favoured by animals that need speed and agility, rather than stability. That is why the UNSC’s ‘Sharkwire’ (A thin but very strong wire is stretched between two trees, and trips any running Sangheili, resulting in a clean kill.) is so effective.

1. Skin
The Sangheili skin is much like a humans, but much thicker. It can absorb Vitamin D from the sun, and tan. The skin of a Sangheili usually is a dark grey to light brown colour, depending on the region of the Sangheili’s upraising. [See ‘Personal notes on Sangheilios’] it is usually bare, although sometimes covered in scales. It has a leathery feel and smell. It is very tough, as Sangheili have been observed running through barbed wire without receiving a scratch.

1. External organs.
This is dependent on the sangheili’s heritage. Noted physical differences in Sangheili (Males):
Navels, Lighter grey to white skin colouring,
Nipples, Ditto,
Scales on the shoulder, chest and face, Lighter to dark grey colouring,
Jaws cover the eyes, Light white skin w/ scales (Confirmed subspecies),
Sideways eyelids, all skin colourations

2. Musculature
A. Muscles
The Sangheili possess the exact same muscles as humans, but doubled in number. These results in incredible strength compared to humans. This results in a revelation, these are our natural predators. They can physically overpower nearly every human. This isn’t helped by the fact that humans aren’t built for physical confrontation.
B. Interesting facts
This includes the Cardiac muscle, which is needed to cool their larger bodies.

3. Skeletal structure
A. Cranial B. Limb structure
The Sangheili have similar bones to a human, and if one was to look at the torso and arms (Excluding hands) they would look very similar except these differences:

1. They have broader chests and more ribs than a man
  2. Their shoulder blades are narrower and longer
  3. Their spine is thicker and heavier than a humans
  4. All the bones are thicker than a man’s.
  5. Sangheili corpses decompose faster than human one, no-one knows why
Their legs are digitigrade which offers speed and agility over stability. Their hands are Tetradactyl which easily crush human skulls.

C. Misc.
Sangheili’s mouth structure makes affection difficult [Source: SPARTAN-180]
Their skull plate is denser at the top than in the face
They have 46 teeth.
Their skull structure allows a wide range of movement with the mandibles, allowing the four pieces to act as a human jaw.

welp webtiger there are some blokes out there who really like sangheili. Myself included! I found it a tad weird that i knew the majority of those facts xD
If you ever build any sangheili armor, id love to see it.
Cheers!

Subspecies, Male v Female and reproduction. (NO. i'm not childish.:facepalm)

There are three subspecies of Sangheili.

1. The 'default' species- All the Sangheili you see in any Halo title, except 4.
2. A more mammalian subspecies, these have a light-brown skin colour, and have fur-like hair on their heads and nipples. (YES, That means boobs.)
3. The Horrible-looking Halo 4 sangheili, they are more reptillian than the other too.

Male v female
1. males are larger and more muscular
2. females have more articulate mandibles (source, watching halo legends 'The duel' with common sense)
3. they are BOTH trained in combat.
4. NEITHER HAVE TAILS!!!! EVER!!!!!!!!!

Reproduction.

The males organ is stored inside the body, like a horses.
The egg hatches WITHIN the mother, who then births the child live (like sharks)
They DO get there 'freak on'.
I have absolutely no clue to how long the gestation period is, but guessing simmilar to a crocodile/shark

welp webtiger there are some blokes out there who really like sangheili. Myself included! I found it a tad weird that i knew the majority of those facts xD
If you ever build any sangheili armor, id love to see it.
Cheers!

im working on a arbiter helmet right now for my shelf I am trying to decide between silver gold or copper color or maybe steel im not fiberglasing it cuz its just 4 display

im working on a arbiter helmet right now for my shelf I am trying to decide between silver gold or copper color or maybe steel im not fiberglasing it cuz its just 4 display
Good luck on it mate! Keep me updated if you could. I think that copper would be the most suitable but a shiny steel one would be quite amazing too.
Cheers!

plan on making a note book or file that can be used like a guide to covenant because I'd like to see your take on all the covies. plus put some art in it so those that think a jackal isn't human size can learn something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back