odst build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noble 10

some of you know i was building a odst but it was shelved do to lack of space and time :unsure that was over a year ago :unsure so i unshevled it and started it again my dead line is haloween so yea i know i have a large amount of costumes like 7 or 8 :unsure this is probably a group build my friend is still thinking about it i will keep you up dated on that . so i have made the gontlets (see pic 1) and the shins(see pic 2) and am on the helmet (see pic 3) and the butt, groyne, and belt plates (pics 4-5)and one shoulder(pic 7)

(pic1)

IMGP0328.JPG

(pic 2)
IMGP0329.JPG

(pic3)
IMGP0330.JPG

(pic 7)
IMGP0331.JPG

(pic 4)
IMGP0332.JPG

(pic 5
IMGP0333.JPG

(pic 6)

IMGP0334.JPG

well i have a ? for all the 405th why does no one post a reply on my builds :angry

- - - Updated - - -

i am not amused

i just started...so I have no input on your build...but don't go !!

what section of the build did you start on first. I think I am going to start with the armor first, then go for the helmet last.

Im on my phone, but your shoulder looks a little big. I also have no experience with foam, and you have so little pep there. Cant really see the details of the others.

well i started this build a year ago i dunno what this i started and this build is really frustrating it's dft(dafrountlinetrooper) and a simpal shape like a square is hard to draw i have been pulling my hair out for 10 min trying to draw a torso shape :angry but try agan in say a year :p jk.

plus I've been finding stuff you could use'll post it one film page because its hardcore.

I am as well following DFT. his tutorials are great, just sucked trying to get the right sizes for the templates. i free handed all mine. not the easiest thing to do trust me lol.

i know right the shapes are so hard to draw and i am runing out of foam and this was for a movie i am making but Spartans are better o and are you, in canada

idk where you are in canada but if you are near detroit area you could make a trip to a place called harbor freight tools, discount place the foam is like $10 US for a 4 pack also i did my templates first on poster board then transfered to foam. i went through about $80 of foam before i was satisfied with my final pieces. ill post pics later tonight when i get off of work of all of my pieces.

one thing that really helps when making your measurements is to use one of the edges that comes with the puzzle piece mats and making a ruler out of it. that way it is flexible and you don't have to guess about the extra length you will need to compensate for the foam thickness since it is made of the same foam.
for templates I can show you what I have
IMG_20150509_200923.jpgIMG_20150509_201022.jpg
I am 5 feet 9in and weigh about 140pounds so I am pretty skinny, but as this is for reference you really would just need to make them longer or wider to fit you
IMG_20150509_201133.jpgIMG_20150509_201149.jpg
you don't need to worry to much about the sides matching up since they get covered anyways, I just used velcro to attach them
IMG_20150509_201205.jpg
My suit isn't perfect but I hope this helps you a little. You shouldn't give up on it!
Also use paper to template it all don't go straight to foam, the paper will give you a rough idea of how it fits.

yeah i did my own templates but i am a little more stocky at 5'7" and about 220 to 230. i agree with squibs on the paper templates saves u on foam. i went through alot of foam not from templates but from messing up with my blade, lol. just have fun with it thats what this is all about.

Don't get discouraged Noble 10. Be patient and stick with it and you will get it :)
Id say trying doing your shapes on cardboard, or paper like stated above. this way you can save material.
Also in response you your question as to why no-one comments on your build. I have gone through this, and i found out that in most cases its not that no-one isn't looking at your build, but rather that they have no input to give to you. :)
Don't fret over it buddy. Just do your best and push through until the end :)
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back