Might be too late to fix....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merrifield Nick

Hey guys,

So I've been lurking around the site for a long time and have made a lot of progress on the suit but I am finally at the fiber glassing phase and might have an issue...

I used just basic elmer's glue for my pep work and I am starting to get nervous the resin is going to eat it and all of my work is going to crumble right in front of me. Has anyone had any luck with just elmer's glue or should i plan on just using electrical tape to hold it all together?

I included some pictures of my work for some feedback on everything. (sizing, pep skills, etc.)

Attachments

• IMG_1768.JPG
    IMG_1768.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_1798.JPG
    IMG_1798.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_1799.JPG
    IMG_1799.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 179
Don't freak out! lol I think you're fine, never heard of anyone having trouble with combinations of that likeness before.

Your pep work also looks fantastic, keep it up and can't wait to see more progress :thumbsup

Phew lol thanks m00sem4n, i just bought all my resin today so you can see why I would start to worry

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think PVA reacts with very much except obviously water. Pretty sure I've used Bondo (polyester resin + talc) on top of a variety of glues with no ill effects.

I guess you'd better put the tape just to hold it while you glue it, and then pull out the tape before resin work
tape on your model while sanding is quite a pain.

What I would do if I were you in this situation is get a resin spray can and spray it inside and out before you layer the fiberglass resin on it. This way there will already be a shell around the structure to prevent seam separation. Or even like a wood varnish in a spray can.

What I would do if I were you in this situation is get a resin spray can and spray it inside and out before you layer the fiberglass resin on it. This way there will already be a shell around the structure to prevent seam separation. Or even like a wood varnish in a spray can.

That's not a bad idea, I actually didn't even know there was such a thing as spray resin. I've made a few helmets so im gonna gonna test it on one of those before I try it on my FUD helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back