ODST Foam Build/First Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, so im actully trying to start this exact build, but i am runing into a lots of problems,
First, what did you do for scaling it? what ratios are thing in? how do i measure myself for each pieces?
Second, What templats did you use? i cant find any good ones.

Also How did you do your helmet? I love it!

well firstly thanks, as for the scaling it was difficult i used DFT blueprints from his facebook fan page. they had no reference measurements so it was all done with trial and error. i had my girlfriend do rough measurements on me then translated those to poster board. I tweaked the templates as needed. in the end though my chest carrier did not fit properly and i just got done getting an actual plate carrier from a tactical gear website, works wonders. as for the helmet i do not have the best of space to be able to do resign and fiberglass in a safe environment, so i found a seller on etsy by the name of armoryprops he sells his helmets for about $250 fully painted and the only assembly is putting the visor in. I am going to be posting later on in the week maybe Sunday or Monday the finished carrier with all the detail on it. as for the helmet again he just sent a flat black paint job and i did all the weathering by just using a real old stiff brush and silver acrylic paint. hope that helps if you have any more questions throughout your build please ask!

well its been a couple days but here is all the hard work paid off for the redesigned plate carrier with makeshift backpack

th_IMG_0691_zpsuj2yaobg.jpg
th_IMG_0690_zpsqecyf6n3.jpg
th_IMG_0686_zps87qrgvqn.jpg
th_IMG_0689_zps0iahnxfs.jpg

i have all the top pieces strapped and ready to go, just gotta strap the shins up and we are done then buy some new comfortable boots! hope you all like!

Attachments

• th_IMG_0691_zpsuj2yaobg.jpg
    th_IMG_0691_zpsuj2yaobg.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 129
  • th_IMG_0690_zpsqecyf6n3.jpg
    th_IMG_0690_zpsqecyf6n3.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 145
  • th_IMG_0686_zps87qrgvqn.jpg
    th_IMG_0686_zps87qrgvqn.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 141
last question for now, what are the general ratios of the armor? like is it 2 across for 3 down? (chest wise) i saw some where that the length should do something like that.

to me it was all relevant on how big the chest piece i was mounting it on, so for instance my chest wing that is on my armour now is about 13 in across total by like 8 to 9 in high. as for how i scaled i took a cad approach and made rudimentary lines then refined them till i was happy. wish i had a better answer than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back