FUD inspired Spartan suit WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merrifield Nick

So I figured I should finally start my thread of the suit I've been working on for almost 2 years. My progress may not show it but it's been on again off again for awhile. When I was younger there was a contest at a nearby micro center to win the legendary edition of halo 3 for the best costume. I made a suit out of duct tape and cardboard and it was some of the most fun j had in my teens.

One day searching the Google machine I came across the 405th community and was instantly hooked and new I wanted to make a much more detailed suit. I followed Longbow-x and was amazed at what peoakura could accomplish.

So far I've got from the cod piece up completed as far as pepping. I made a halo 3 helmet but really liked the look of the FUD version so redid that. I just bought my first batch of resin and am going to start with my first helmet to get the technique down. I'll update this thread as I continue progress and look forward to making it to some events in the future to meet some fellow Spartans.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    967.1 KB · Views: 359
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 321
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 318
I really appreciate the feed back guys, currently all I have is an angry wife who keeps making fun of my "origami". I'm hoping to get some fiberglassing done in the next few days and I'll post pictures when I do. I just wanna wear this thing lol

That pep's coming out really clean. keep up the good work!

Oh man my family/friends all made fun of my build too when they saw my workspace haha

So I finally got the first coat of resin onto my starter helmet...

IMG_1881.JPG
IMG_1882.JPG

Other than that I am hoping to get it glassed tomorrow and then move on from there. I kind of want to get this helmet all the way done just so I have done everything and I know what to expect. But we will see how I feel soon. I did finally buy more cardstock so now I can finish the legs and have everything pepped.

Lastly in honor of TBT I found some pictures of the first suit I built out of cardboard and duct tape. For free hand I still dont think it looks bad...

IMG_1855.JPG
IMG_1856.JPG

Till next time gents

Having a child and a wife has certainly slowed my progress but not stopped it. Got one of the thighs pepped and I'll start the other one later today. Hopefully I will be done with pepping the next few weeks if I can buckle down and get more done.

IMG_1883.JPGIMG_1888.JPGIMG_1889.JPG

Small update... I want to finish one leg all the way through so I don't have sizing issues later. I finished what I guess you would call the knee pad...

image.jpg

I can't remember off the top of my head who's files these are but if anyone has made these types of shins can they tel me why the pieces are separated. I assumed it was for movement but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something

So on a side note since it's the work week and I don't have any updates, I know it's a long way off but anyone planning on the cleveland dragon con next year. This was the first time it came here but i plan on attending in my suit and hopefully fine some others to join while I'm there. Just curious

Ok so one leg done. I still have to do the boot but I don't know what kind of shoe I want it on so I'm waiting for that. I guess it's time to pep the other side and hope it all matches
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Finally starting to see the end result though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back