META RVB

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrooperJasher

Member DIN
S564
Meta_HD.png

After watching RVB's seasons I have come to love a few characters, META being one of them. So after a number of tries and retries I have finally got back to working on him. I've started off with the helmet again:

Wearing the meta.JPGMeta helmet bottom.JPG

I am happy with the size and how it feels, this happens to be the 4th (I think) time pepping this helmet...

I have the interior fiber glassed and resin and hopefully sometime this week I will have time to resin the exterior between other commissions.

How do you plan on doing the visor? Oh and if my room was as clean as that pep, my mother would be in awe

How do you plan on doing the visor? Oh and if my room was as clean as that pep, my mother would be in awe

I am not...? As part of an agreement that was reached between myself and Head Shot Props, once the helmet is completed I will be sending it to him. he does have a vac table, but I doubt he is going to do the whole thing. He says he has a plan on how he's going to do it.. but I'm not too concerned on how he's gonna do it.... He's going to mold it, and I'll get a cast.

It started out for just me, however a cast is always lighter.. and I was having the same issue with ideas for the visor as well... I don't currently have room for a vac table right now... so I asked him if he would do the visor, and after talking the idea for him to mold it came up.

OK, so I'm the Head Shot Props guy... here is my thought on the visor...

I used to make the Ghost of Onyx SPI helmet which has a visor of similar idea as the EVA. I have a soft pull vac machine and making the visors was a bear. I probably got one good visor out of every 3-4 attempts. Even guys with hard pull machines have difficulties with the EVA visor with success rates of 50% or so. The visor is large and quite frankly because of it's shape not vacform friendly.

My idea is this: the circled areas in the below photo will be vacformed and gold chromed (any color could be here actually) and then fitted into the helmet. The whole visor area will not be vacformed.

Meta_HD.png

For the chroming process I use the Looking Glass paint (for the chrome) and then Spaz Stix Candy Colors (for the color). This is the type of vision one can expect:
10374967_720629311313754_4764057723722185934_n.jpg

By painting the overall cast visor area on the helmet with the Spaz Stix Candy Gold with chrome underlay and they fitting in the vacformed pieces, there should be no color difference and there should be good visibility.

Attachments

• Meta_HD.png
    Meta_HD.png
    687 KB · Views: 6,329
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432264958.604087.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1432264973.620326.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1432264994.503255.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1432265006.821032.jpg

I did some bondo... Pretty happy with how it's turning out... Trying to do smaller sections so I don't loose detail like I have before...

Awesome job. Mind sharing the links for the blueprints? I want to try starting off with the Meta for my first build but don't know the armor types or how to find the blue prints.

Awesome job. Mind sharing the links for the blueprints? I want to try starting off with the Meta for my first build but don't know the armor types or how to find the blue prints.

META is actually one of the few (if not only) characters to have their armor changed pretty much every season. Both color and armor types were changed, so my suggestion would be to go to the RVB Wiki and get the type of armor that he wears by season. That's what I had to do.

As for the blue prints I am using Pep, so glue by number is my future. There might be some foam templates or files out there, however I'm not sure.

Man I'll never wrap my head around how people get that visor shape for the Meta.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451524740.500825.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1451524773.518951.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1451524783.485594.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1451524798.553564.jpg

Finally got around to remaking the chest again. Unfortunately my hands hurt enough for now so this about how far it's going to get today.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451894772.428238.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1451894802.244916.jpg

My boyfriend kindly modeling my chest armor, it's 90% assembled. I started and quickly realized that my shin was too big. I've resized and reprinted out the patterns, and am hoping to get one done this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back