405th Panel Registration Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benton188

RCO
Member DIN
S188
Hello moderators,

I have a question concerning panel submissions for events. What specifications must be met in order to submit a panel request at an event whilst using the 405th name? In short, there is a convention later this year (Blurriecon in Sept) that I'd like to submit a panel on prop building, but I'm unsure as to weather or not I can use the 405th name for the panel. If I cannot, it is no problem and I will not affiliate the 405th at all during the panel, but I wanted to know the requirements/ramifications if said application is available.

Thanks,
Benton

Hello Benton!

We are definitely in the prelim. stages of discussing this and will have an answer for everyone shortly. However, keep in mind that only certain levels of membership can do these on their own so the membership rules in the mantle will certainly play a part in who can and who cannot.

Thanks for the question @the shiznite88!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
well fangs lets say this, your dtf and your doing this and the 405th happen to be said in his panel is it a bad thing or good, because a prop builder no matter what skill level he/she is at shouldn't let that stop them from going out and spreading our name to others because putting a wall up like that would turn more people away from doing it then letting them.

Upvote 0
well fangs lets say this, your dtf and your doing this and the 405th happen to be said in his panel is it a bad thing or good, because a prop builder no matter what skill level he/she is at shouldn't let that stop them from going out and spreading our name to others because putting a wall up like that would turn more people away from doing it then letting them.

If it came down to a no for using the 405th in the name of the panel, I would most certainly still direct people to the site and tell them what it's about. I wouldn't however say that the panel is backed by 405th, that I represent its views and policies, or that I'm a representative. I would only state that I am a member of the site and that a lot of my ideas, tools, and inspiration come from the site. In the end I wouldn't want to have something "bad" slip out during the panel and everyone instantly assume that that is what the 405th is like. Having 405th in the panel name would draw more attention to the panel and get more people to visit the site, but if it's not allowed then I will still promote the site during the panel. I'm fine with either result, just want a definitive answer before I submit the panel =)

Upvote 0

I am sure what FANGS means is that once the Mantle and the membership rules are hammered out, that only certain levels of Membership will be able to host an "official" 405th Costuming panel, where the panel is titled "The 405th Infantry Division Presents: Costuming Basics." No one is saying that that can't host a generic costuming panel, titled something like "Crafting Your Fandom: An Introduction to Cosplay" nd not mention sites like the 405th, RPF, 501st, Mando Mercs, et cetera as great resources, and encourage people to register there for even more info.

It's simply a matter of not being able to claim to be a representative of "The 405th" or that this panel is "sanctioned" by the 405th, or use the the 405th name in the title of your panel without being a an official member and having those membership rules in place. No one is saying that you can't mention the 405th during the panel.

Benton, at this point, I would submit the panel with*out the 405th name attached to it at all, just so you can get the ball rolling on the panel approval.

Upvote 0
Benton, at this point, I would submit the panel with the 405th name attached to it at all, just so you can get the ball rolling on the panel approval.

Not sure if you meant with or without.....
Anyways, I'll do what you suggested and put in the application for the panel without the 405th part. Panel name will be: Armor And Prop Building 101. Once the Mantel and everything is established, if need be, I can request a name change later.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I meant to say without the 405th name on it.

Upvote 0
Thank you Cadet.
foxleader - As the question was specifically about panels with the 405th name attached, I answered according to how it relates to the 405th. There is zero need to state that I'm trying to "put up walls" to anyone wishing to discuss general armor building in a panel. I am, however, going to tell you exactly who can and cannot do so while speaking on behalf of or under the 405th name. I trust between myself and Cadet, you are now clear on the matter but of course welcome any follow up questions, should you have them.

Upvote 0
Good morning all!
Art Andrews and I had a meeting and this was one of the items that we have discussed. As you all know, we currently do not technically have any members officially yet as part of the 405th. It is next in our phase of getting everything set up. But we are are fully aware that con season is well under way. If you wish to conduct a panel on behalf of the 405th, you need approval from your Regimental CO.

Keep in mind that we are relying on all of you to do your best to represent the 405th in a professional manner. When you do a panel, you are the public face of the 405th to those attending so please put your best foot forward.

Anyone who needs some assistance with how to run a panel etc, I'd be happy to help out. Just shoot me a PM and I'll do my best to answer your questions. Better yet, if the questions are general in nature, start a thread that everyone can see and tag me in it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Thank you Fangs. I did submit the panel already for the con, but did not use the 405th name in the title. At this time the panel has yet to be even reviewed, but I again thank you for looking into this for me =)

Upvote 0
No problem! All the best in doing this panel....they are a lot of fun!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back