Jun's shoulders file/ overall armor ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, just a quick question, ive been having troubles finding Jun's shoulder piece in the File archive. Could be just me but if anyone has a link to a .pdo file, it would be greatly appreciated :)

PS: Im thinking of having a recon helmet, jun's shoulder (with the bullets) on the left shoulder and carter's on the right (or vice versa) and then the normal chest with the collar-breacher attachment. Probably default or gungnir knees. not sure about the rest. may or may not fit a knife somewhere in there. Thoughts?

PSS: What colors would you suggest? im probably not going to weather it, in fear of imminent failure (i havent even finished pepping the helmet yet and i think i have a problem! heh!)
I was thinking perhaps, something white-gray-black-ish. Suggestions?

I've been considering making a file for Jun's Sniper shoulderplates for some time - we have OBJ files, but if you'd like I can step up my work somewhat and provide for you.

If I remember correctly, doesn't he simply have a knife+sheath on his right shoulder and a bandolier of sniper ammo on his left?
Usually the soft parts don't get modeled which is why they may not have been made.... yet.

If I remember correctly, doesn't he simply have a knife+sheath on his right shoulder and a bandolier of sniper ammo on his left?
Usually the soft parts don't get modeled which is why they may not have been made.... yet.

Yeah i just googled it again. On his right shoulder he has a knife in it's sheath and on his left he has a blue piece over the regular shoulder which has 3 rifle rounds in it. Im mostly intrested in that piece of armor, not the bullets as i could find fake bullets somewhere . . or real 7.62x39mm ones for that matter. . . he he he. . .shame i cant find .338 lapua

I've been considering making a file for Jun's Sniper shoulderplates for some time - we have OBJ files, but if you'd like I can step up my work somewhat and provide for you.

Well after having read your post about your condition i wouldnt want to push you to do anything because of somewhat half-arsed personality xD
IF, however, you had been already planning to make it and this is just an opportunity for you to do so, then dont let me get in your way, i guess!
Thanks again for the offer!
Cheers!

It's no problem. I'll need to bundle you the bicep file I'm using - ForgedReclaimer's bicep piece seems to be the go-to for most builders, so I'll be using that.

EDIT: roughed out the basic shape, still need to work on some of the detailing and extra bits, plus fitting it to the bicep itself. Rough and ready, but it should work.

Attachments

• snprshldr1.JPG
    snprshldr1.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 260
It's no problem. I'll need to bundle you the bicep file I'm using - ForgedReclaimer's bicep piece seems to be the go-to for most builders, so I'll be using that.

EDIT: roughed out the basic shape, still need to work on some of the detailing and extra bits, plus fitting it to the bicep itself. Rough and ready, but it should work.
Amazing! Epic job mate!

Amazing! Epic job mate!

You're welcome.

Second pass: added some of the grooves and the small clamps to the model. I'm really unsure of whether I should go into detail with this model or leave it as a template for you to dremmel out the detail/craft it in foam.

Attachments

• snprshldr2.JPG
    snprshldr2.JPG
    192 KB · Views: 472
You're welcome.

Second pass: added some of the grooves and the small clamps to the model. I'm really unsure of whether I should go into detail with this model or leave it as a template for you to dremmel out the detail/craft it in foam.

Thaaat may be a problem. I dont really have anywhere to get craft foam. Im using pepakura so far. But, yeah if i find foam in-between my exams sometimes, i will tell you right away and then ill be able to do just like you said!
DIY is always intresting :D
Again though, you never cease to amaze me.
With my little practice in programs like blender and maya, i reckon that this must have taken so long! But its trully awesome!

Thaaat may be a problem. I dont really have anywhere to get craft foam. Im using pepakura so far.

Either is fine. I'll work on the assumption that you'll create the piece in Pepakura, and dremmel out the detail later.

With my little practice in programs like blender and maya, i reckon that this must have taken so long! But its trully awesome!

Probably about an hour's total work time so far, spread over the few days I've managed to drag up the desire to actually do some work. Nothing major.

Either is fine. I'll work on the assumption that you'll create the piece in Pepakura, and dremmel out the detail later.

Probably about an hour's total work time so far, spread over the few days I've managed to drag up the desire to actually do some work. Nothing major.

Glad to see you didnt have a hard time because of my half-arsed-ness!
Welp, ill just get pepakura designer somehow once i finish the helmet (and exams)

Glad to see you didnt have a hard time because of my half-arsed-ness!

Nah. I had a hard time because the game-ripped file didn't want to marry up well with the file I was making this model for. Once I got things settled things were reasonably fine.

Welp, ill just get pepakura designer somehow once i finish the helmet (and exams)

Good luck with those exams! I'll have some things packed up for you pretty soon, here's another sneaky peep on the progress of the model. I've retained a 'HD' version with the groove built in, and will also be making a version with a template so you can dremmel the detail in if you want, instead. I'd also suggest making the bandolier piece of the shoulder that keeps the sniper rifle ammunition in place out of canvas, as the model seems to imply, so I've left that part as a template also.

Attachments

• snprshldr3.JPG
    snprshldr3.JPG
    241.7 KB · Views: 265
Usually I wouldn't double-post somebody else's thread, but consider it's a major update that might get lost if I didn't bump the thread:

File's done, at least as far as I'd consider for an initial release. You may want to play with the scaling options to get a fit that's right for you (I used my own scale for the bicep file, and I'm fairly slim), but it's all there for you. I could suggest finding the width of your built bicep and inputting that as the internal width of your shoulder plate - Pepakura Designer 3 should be able to help with that.

Attachments

• snprshldr4.JPG
    snprshldr4.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 168
  • Halo Reach Sniper Shoulderplate.zip
    193 KB · Views: 256
Usually I wouldn't double-post somebody else's thread, but consider it's a major update that might get lost if I didn't bump the thread.
Ok. . woah. . i had almost forgotten about this.I just checked the files. Its amazing! Looks very good and my helmet is starting to shape up. I may get to finish it all in the summer, especially thanks to you!

Ok. . woah. . i had almost forgotten about this.I just checked the files. Its amazing! Looks very good and my helmet is starting to shape up. I may get to finish it all in the summer, especially thanks to you!

That's absolutely fine - I'm glad you've gotten the file and will be able to use it. Let me know if you need any tweaks or alterations for it, but as I said before - I'd suggest filling the gap between the plate and the bicep piece with a layer of foam.

Yeah i just googled it again. On his right shoulder he has a knife in it's sheath and on his left he has a blue piece over the regular shoulder which has 3 rifle rounds in it. Im mostly intrested in that piece of armor, not the bullets as i could find fake bullets somewhere . . or real 7.62x39mm ones for that matter. . . he he he. . .shame i cant find .338 lapua

.50 BMG dummy rounds would be closer to what is actually in the game (in game the round is the 14.5x114mm; .50 BMG is 12.7x99mm).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back