halo reach military police helmet build

Status
Not open for further replies.

reverseflash

hey guys. It's my first post here, and also my first solo project. I was planning on doing a custom Reach marine, and since i couldn't find any military police helmet builds, i decided to post my own progress. This is my first time working solo with pepakura (last time was 5 years ago helping my dad make my brother a mark 5 suit for halloween). so i'll be posting progress picks as I go. Any pointers for future projects are appreciated. thanks

Yeah, dude! Get lots of pics! Custom builds are a lot of fun to follow! If you ever get stuck or lost, just know that this site can be your biggest asset! XD

alright first update. I had already cut and folded everything before this post, and organized it into the various sections. Also got me a variety of glues, although i think I'll use white elmers
P1000015.JPGP1000016.JPG

back again with some updates. Not as much done as i'd like (yardwork jobs and such). visor is finished, and the back is almost done. Ran into a bit of an issue with a back section that caused it to bunch up, so had to do a little reconstructive surgery so to speak. Seems to have worked just fine.

P1000028.JPGP1000023.JPGP1000024.JPGP1000027.JPG

A lot more done. some spaces a little ider than they should be. may lead to some minor twisting, but i think it's coming along nicely overall

P1000033.JPGP1000034.JPGP1000036.JPGP1000031.JPG

she's all done! But i ran into the classic problem of it not fitting correctly. Everything is sized perfectly, but the head hole is too small. any suggestions on a fix? I was thinking rubberizing parts or cutting off the back section so i can magnetically reattach it. Anyway, be on the lookout for my sketches on the undersuit and what the full costume will hopefully look like. Now, onto the M6H pistol!!
WP_20150526_004.jpgWP_20150526_005.jpgWP_20150526_006.jpgWP_20150526_007.jpg

alright, while i wait for my dad to pick up more fiberglass, and while my cheesecake's in the oven, i've started the cutting and folding for my CE pistol. planning on attaching magnets for the clip and so it attaches to my thigh armor

Great build so far. Will be watching it closely. Also loving the username, reverseflash!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so while i've been waiting for a chance to get out of the house and resin the helmet, i decided to do a quick pistol build, just to get a feel for the process and proper scaling. got a bit twisted and was too big, but it's a hell of a lot of fun to run around the house with and play secret agent with my cousin.
WP_20150602_001.jpgWP_20150602_002.jpgWP_20150602_004.jpg

Sorry for the inactivity people. I'm on vacation, but hopefully within the next couple days I'll be able to bang out a couple sketches on what I WANT the final product to look like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back