ChatterNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thugzz Deluxxxe

Hey 405th! As you may already know from my Fan Film Props thread, I'm making a fan film... I know, shocking right? As it's a more civilian story, I wanted to show some things that have yet to be seen through the largely military lens of the games. I wanted to add some aspect of the "ChatterNet" to the story, but there's really no reference to go off of. Even though the ChatterNet has been mentioned as far back as ilovebees, we haven't heard much about it until the HuntTheTruth blog.

So in the Halo Universe there are two main "Internets" essentially (possibly different browsers?). The highly policed "Waypoint" and the dark-net-esque "ChatterNet". I can only imagine the Waypoint interface is similar to the one that we see on the website or app. The interface for the Chatternet, however, is unknown. I want to show it at some small capacity, but I'm struggling to think of what it would look like. It's mentioned that Chatters are typically worn around the wrist like a smart watch, but I have no idea what the UI for the ChatterNet would be. Any ideas?

I think I seen something about it out there let me do my chatter net / deep web search.A chatter is a small human computer, typically worn on the wrist.[1] Similar in function to a cellphone or PDA, chatters can communicate with other chatters and their users, keep calendars, and store files of different types. Novelty shops often sell disposable versions for colonial refugees, who are unable to afford a regular service.[2]

The larger "ChatterNet", as some people call it, is maintained and policed by the Chatter Protocol Authority, and plays a vital role in everyday life. Personal finances can be tracked and managed electronically over the ChatterNet, though paper money and coins can still be used instead.[3] Experienced hackers regularly break into chatter lines in a process called "ghosting," permitting them to spy on other people without being noticed. Going offline is a risky venture which gives one the advantage of avoiding such surveillance, but restricts them from performing many everyday activities, similar to the Surveillance Grid, which can be very risky and inconvenient.

one chatter sounds like a apple watch.

I was thinking it would perhaps look more like the halo reach Tacmap you have on your wrist. a watch UI would be too small to accomplish all that from it.

update I found I pic for what there calling a chatter... the ui I'd have to look in game to see if I can find a working one.

yeah, I've seen the ones in game. I'm pretty sure they were in ODST and they look a awful lot like a microsoft Zune. lol.

oh my.... (throws a chatter at George dekay.) sorry about that I don't know how he keeps getting on this line. (you can use that if you want.)

okay from what I got from this weeks hunt the truth they have com boiy in space that ONI can turn on or off.

I heard that as well, but that would likely be a conduit for any and all communications, be it the ChatterNet or otherwise. I've been digging more and more, but unless HuntTheTruth reveals a possible interface through "Ben's" pictures, I'll probably just make one myself.

wait I sec wasn't there a monitor screen in a pic like two weeks ago? yeah there is. only theres a lot on it can't make out what's what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back