Destiny Warlock Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanguineromance

So, time to start uploading progress on this , my first, build. Been itching to build this and decided time to get it started. Gonna a warlock from Destiny....think the hardest part is gonna be adding the photos here, yeah...Lol....So photos to follow. Alrighty, time for some photos..Let's start with the concept stuff: IMG_20150518_191944.jpgIMG_20150518_193623.jpgIMG_20150518_193636.jpgIMG_20150518_193653.jpg

So that'd be the idea.

Alrighty, and as I'm slow on the whole post my project thing, I already have the helmet through the rondo stage:
IMG_20150521_224345.jpg

So there be it. It fit over my head in paper form, and now it doesn't lol. Plenty of space for my melon in there, the trick is just getting it there. So now I'm spitballing ideas for getting my head to be located within the helm. Also determined that once I have the custom pattern for the trench finished I may have to outsource the sewing of the pieces together...since my sewing is terrible. Trying to see if I can convince my pops to do that, told him I'd pay him in whiskey! XD

Wow looks amazing! definatly going to follow this. So what particular pieces are you making? I'd reccommend the symmetry fang for how it looks but its up to you i guess. Those pieces gon be exotic let me tell you! You should also print the pepakura ghost as well. Any other ideas? This is a really intresting build

PS: The helmet picture you uploaded isnt working :p

Nice, it booted my helmet photo, I'll get that fixed. Me and a buddy are running some ideas for the ghost. Thinking of mounting a small speaker and mp3 player with a simple tip 32 chip and powered led so one could play voice clips and have the eye flash with them. As for armor, going with some of the simpler designs for leg and arms, kinda winging the feet. The armor is gonna be the queens guard pattern....it'll be custom patterned out of black duck cloth. Also, gonna rock a hard light. Lots of leds and el wire to boot, so wiring dun galore!

Nice, it booted my helmet photo, I'll get that fixed. Me and a buddy are running some ideas for the ghost. Thinking of mounting a small speaker and mp3 player with a simple tip 32 chip and powered led so one could play voice clips and have the eye flash with them. As for armor, going with some of the simpler designs for leg and arms, kinda winging the feet. The armor is gonna be the queens guard pattern....it'll be custom patterned out of black duck cloth. Also, gonna rock a hard light. Lots of leds and el wire to boot, so wiring dun galore!

Wow! sounds amazing! (also souds like a lot of work, but if this succeeds its going to be AMAZING! Definatly looking forward to this build!
Oh and about the ghost.
Just some inspiration for ya ;D
(seriously if you make the ghost, post a how to! PLEASE! I want my samuel L Jackson ghost! :D)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious, which armor pieces are you planning on making? I can't tell from the picture of your helmet.

Also, Sword Breaker, your enthusiasm on the ghost is awesome so:
IMG_20150524_002822.jpg
Plus I need to redo the helmet, some of the imperfections were a little too glaring, so round two, fight!

Attachments

• IMG_20150524_002815_BURST009.jpg
    IMG_20150524_002815_BURST009.jpg
    1,018.9 KB · Views: 162
So,between house of wolves and work it's been a coupla minutes. Any who, on to the next steps of the project: bondo. Got a quick pic of the ghost as it stands right now:IMG_20150603_145922.jpg
So, layered it resin to rondo to bondo given interior space constraints and the goodies that have to fit in it, still have to fab the plates for the vanguard shell variant as well as the core...Got some plans for that in the works. Helmet is also ready for a second sand post bondo. Pictures of that are forthcoming. A.k.a. as soon as I have some decent light and the gumption to take a couple lol.
And helmet:
IMG_20150603_230703.jpg
IMG_20150603_230655.jpg

So, productive "weekend" lol. Got the ghost to silver.
IMG_20150604_210251.jpg
Also did some battle damage on the helm
IMG_20150604_210016.jpg
So, found something interesting as I was working the damage in: my engraving bits I was using refuse, stoically at that, to cut thru the paper and into the rondo. So my damage only goes to the flat planes of the paper. I actually really came to like this as it feels like someone welded patches in to repair the battle damage and my intent with this helm was to make it battered and lived in looking. There haven't been too many damage heavy builds I've seen for Destiny and I wanted one that was. There's also a bullet hole in the back that I forgot to take a pic of...thinking I may add some blood stains lol, like the helm may have been picked up by a fireteam member and kept after a comrade went down, repaired and used in their memory.

Attachments

• IMG_20150604_210031_BURST001_COVER.jpg
    IMG_20150604_210031_BURST001_COVER.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 174
So, a little more detailing from yesterday.
IMG_20150605_220725.jpgIMG_20150605_220742.jpgIMG_20150605_220742.jpgIMG_20150605_220753.jpg
[So, little bit of touch up on a couple of details and she'll be ready to lop in half lol. Have the hardware set to latch it back together. So it'll only be a matter of installing that and then painting this puppy up. Color scheme is gunmetal grey along with metallic black...with the obvious brighter silver for damage areas...kinda thinking a may do some gunmetal on the in sets where it hits the rondo flats tho just to accent the idea of new plates being installed to repair it. Also, I know the photos be a bit grainy, it's a result of the scrappy garage lighting and my lack of anything resembling a camera aside from my phone lol.

Many thanks! Was the most worried about how it would turn out. Cerealkill3r`s tutorial was a godsend! Should hopefully have some more photos up tomorrow, gonna get some work done on it after work tonight. Lopped and partial paint on helm and final coat and ghost "wings" should be included.

Dam fine helmet Im certainly following this thread. On a side note since ive been musing about doing a warlock build myself where per chance did you find the pepakura for your helmet? as when I last looked for it there was essentally none. Granted that when I was searching it was only a month or so into the games release.

There are a few files spread throughout the 405th as well as the rpf. Elusch99 has a beautiful thread on the 405th here with a bunch of files on it. Gimme a little while and I'll compile you a list of links....gotta get to my next break. At work lol.

Sweet! Good to know.Thanks Ghost778. Also, mini project update on the ghost: the wings are all painted up:
IMG_20150607_220357.jpg
Next up on that is getting his eye set up. Going to be molding that from petg, should be fairly easy....just have to do it. Now, for the helmet, I'd say I was dumb and a little too gungho to get to the building and I didn't size it right(which I didn't lol) but it'll still make a gorgeous shelf piece. That and I learned a check of a lot from this. Still finishing it and I'll have pics...just gonna have to do another too. It's good by me, each round I've went with the helmets they've gotten better and better, plus it's just a crap ton of fun. Plus it occurs to me that while I'll still be using the paints I have for the current helmet build I intend to hey some higher quality rattle cans for the next helmet. The stuff I have is okay but it doesn't do thin coats so nicely so I want some better stuff for the final piece.

Long as the ghost is going well gonna do a quick pre cover of what's going into the ghost to make him all glowy awesome. It's gonna be a dual system. The base is a tri led for the base glow. That'll be a simple diffused led string with a switch to light the eye. The second system is going to be based of a small mp3 player with a headphone splitter. One line is going to run into an 8 ohm speaker and the other will run through a tip 31 led string to provide the flash as ghost speaks....I'd like a custom done set of ghost style lines just for uniqueness sake, but that bit can be dealt with later lol.

Remraf:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=42253

And elusch99:
www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=41863
Both threads have some really good files. The first thread is where I found the helmet I'm doing. The real sticky point of a warlock build as far as I can tell is the armor proper...seems like it'd have to be done scratch...that's what I have to do for my trench.

i got the hezen lords chest for warlock in my thread

Crimmsons thread has a few files. Both he and I unfolded the Hezen Lords helmet, and Im pretty sure the Skull of Ahamkara is somewhere in the thread.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=39362&page=32

I wont be able to continue on these for atleast a week. Sorry if this puts you guys in a bind. The skull of a i will need to redo. When i built it it had some very difficult spots to fold and glue. I scrapped it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back