Emile Foam Build-- NO PEPAKURA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exchange program or what? I'll probably be online later, but I have to be in P.E. in a few minutes(Thank god I'm not wearing the armor for that). Have fun in your computer lab class or free period or lunch or whatever you're posting from :)
-TBB

Okay, update: I got the detailing for the right thigh done and need to sand/dip/paint. It's a little awkward but I'm happy with it. Waiting on the left because I don't actually have enough thin craft foam(which is also why I did the tiers in 2 pieces each- didn't have a long enough piece) but I should be able to get more soon. Pic is a little weird because it's a backwards selfie.. #photographyskills, lol.
mms_picture.jpg
Thoughts?
-TBB

Hi everybody! I finished the left leg detailing and sanded both, as well as plasti-dipping them both. The left leg doesn't have the detailing because there's always going to be some attachment or other covering the main plate up. Pictures!

Finished, ready for dip
mms_picture (36).jpg

Post-dip(Now drying, maybe paint later today)
mms_picture (37).jpg
Have a nice Sunday afternoon, everyone! Happy building!
-TBB

Didn't get around to painting today, but I do have a pic of the fit:
_20150927_205305.JPG Sorry the left thigh definition is so low, I think it's the light quality. Which would also explain the blue long johns, LOL. They're actually black.

Anyway-- ruh roh, I noticed that some of the seams need re-gluing(take a look at the left thigh) and I missed a few bits on the bottom. I will try to do that this week. Also, I'm probably going to be away weekends in October:( so that means weekdays=crank time. With luck, my teachers won't break my back with homework. Updates on the way in a few days! Happy building!
-TBB

Ok, update! Re-dipped and got the seams re-sealed, but now it's wet and rainy. While California needs the rain, my armor's painting step doesn't. So, on to the waist and shins (leaving the helmet for last).

Is Emile's chest piece a Reach Spartan torso? It looks like there is much more coverage on the sides with the underarmor...I'm not sure how I will handle this.

Thanks,
Dan

Sooo... I got the tape work and the base metallic black coat on, only to find myself fresh out of silver paint!! I will try to get more soon, but until then, I will probably attempt the shins. Anyway here's a pic of the thighs:
mms_picture (38).jpg
Might get them done this weekend, might not. We'll see. Thanks for stopping by, everyone, and happy building :)
-TBB

All right, sorry for the lack of progress, but I do have some observations. I attempted a rough cardboard shin piece in order to test it without wasting foam if it didn't work out, which turned out to be a good idea. The main issue is simply that the bottom is too narrow for me to get my foot through it. So, I'm going to make the actual pieces taper less and have the bottom opening be wider.
Here's a pic of the test piece:
mms_picture (40).jpg
I don't have any pics of it assembled(partially because my phone was full and partially because it didn't fit, lol) but this is still relevant. I'm fairly sure the entire suit won't be done for Halo-ween, so I'm doing an Akatsuki group cosplay with a friend. Stay tuned, I'm hoping to try the shins this weekend.
Happy building,
-TBB

Ok, I did some painting last night and even in the dark I managed to get more or less the color I wanted. I'm taping the details on the screws and the weird side-detail thingy now.
mms_picture (41).jpgmms_picture (42).jpg
Maybe more later. Happy Building,
-TBB

Theres's a downloadable application you can get on your CPU, called wineskin, where you can run PC applications on any device.

---Stan the man, you know.

I've heard of Wine, but I'm using a chromebook so downloading anything at all is pretty much out. I wouldn't blame you for not reading closely through the rest of this thread, it's pretty far back..

Hey everybody! Happy Halo-ween! Last night I finished the painting and detailing on the thighs. Only the shins, waist, boots, and half a helmet to go!
mms_picture (44).jpg20151031_080447.jpgmms_picture (45).jpg
Side note: Since the armor is incomplete, I'm doing a pair cosplay(Akatsuki) with a friend. I may also post pictures of my pumpkins when they are ready.
Happy building,
-TBB

Nothing on the armor last night, but here's pics of my pumpkins:
One Pumpkin to Rule Them All:
mms_picture_1 (7).jpg
LEGENDARY(Bullet hole didn't quite work)
mms_picture (46).jpg
Happy Hangovers,
-TBB

Great work! I finished my son's Emile Halloween costume just in time for his school parade. Your suit looks great, I had to leave some things out to be allowed in school....the knife, for example. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back