Hey, I can't post my project in Non-Halo, so I'll post it here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FromPlsNerf

Hi 405th, it seems like I'm making a new account every time I visit this site haha, this is like.. my third incarnation.

Anywho, I'm on my current project of making the Cainhurst set from Bloodborne!

http://imgur.com/a/NzCwB <-- Here's the imgur album for reference, I've also got it planned that I'll be making the Blades of Mercy as my cosplay's weapon.

As you can see in my profile album, I've already got most of the body done, all that's left for me is as follows:

[] (!!!) Cainhurst Helmet w/ Wig & mask (EVA Foam, cheap white hair)
[X] Cainhurst Body Armor & Cape (Leather, Patterned Fabric, Pleather, Polyester)
[X] Cainhurst Leggings (Foam, Leather)

[]Blades of Mercy (Stiffer Foam, or Wood perhaps?)

----

My dilemma here, is how to even start the helmet. I've not been able to find one single person on the internet who has posted their version of such a project, so really it's up to me to post my own online.

But where to begin? How do I start making something from just that image? I've got two sheets of foam, should be enough for a seemingly elegant and simple helmet, right? I'm just afraid of wasting what I have, so I was wondering what you guys think I could do?

What would you do to begin making the helmet, from reference alone?

Im not a huge Dark Souls/Bloodborne fan (probably because i havent played it! I may, one day.)
But damn that looks amazing!
My advice would be taking a manequin head and work on that. Take into account that they dont have exactly perfect proportions though.
Now, the top appears to be metal and the bottom appears to be sealed off with some short of leather. It may prove hard to get the metal right and without proper sewing the bottom may be just as difficult.
I would probably first try to copy the pattern on a spare sheet and then start making it on the sheets i would use, after having taken measures to see where i will glue and/or cut the foam pieces
Im not really a foam-mastermind or anything of that short but thats what I can get from the top of my head.
Good luck on your build!

Cheers

PS: try leaving your passwords in a sticky note somewhere around the house. I have a drawer just for those. (they are not in plain view, mind you. They are covered with lots of stuff which are unrelated. But i know where they are)

Ever thought about trying to find a pep file for it? Its really easy to do just takes patience. The hardest part is a tie between cutting out the pieces and doing the bondo work.

Im not a huge Dark Souls/Bloodborne fan (probably because i havent played it! I may, one day.)
But damn that looks amazing!
My advice would be taking a manequin head and work on that. Take into account that they dont have exactly perfect proportions though.
Now, the top appears to be metal and the bottom appears to be sealed off with some short of leather. It may prove hard to get the metal right and without proper sewing the bottom may be just as difficult.
I would probably first try to copy the pattern on a spare sheet and then start making it on the sheets i would use, after having taken measures to see where i will glue and/or cut the foam pieces
Im not really a foam-mastermind or anything of that short but thats what I can get from the top of my head.
Good luck on your build!

Cheers

PS: try leaving your passwords in a sticky note somewhere around the house. I have a drawer just for those. (they are not in plain view, mind you. They are covered with lots of stuff which are unrelated. But i know where they are)

Hey, thanks for the praise!
I see! Thank you for your advice, anything really is always appreciated.

Heh, yeah, I figured about the proportions, I've had to make a few changes to the design in some spots, like the collar and cape. For that "half mask" that covers the bottom half of the face, I was thinking of using fabric that I could easily breathe through, but also that you couldn't see the skin underneath.

Your idea for the pattern is brilliant, here I was just thinking of trying my luck on the dremel and grinding wheel!
----
Not two minutes after waking up today, I discovered and old leftover piece of foam from a dead project that I could use as the start of the chin. I'll post an image when I've made some progress!

20150527_153726.jpg
(Not sure why the image is rotated)

Made some progress! Slowly working my way around the helmet, it's a surprisingly simple shape. All that needs planning is how to complete the top of the helmet, and I've got a couple of ideas.

--

20150527_153811.jpg
--
20150527_153844.jpg--

(why is it upside down.. ._.

--

What do you think so far? Got any advice for closing off the top? I was thinking of making an oval cutout of foam, cut that in half laterally, and then making it join up with the front. The back, I'm thinking I'll just use another long strip to wrap around.

What do you think so far? Got any advice for closing off the top? I was thinking of making an oval cutout of foam, cut that in half laterally, and then making it join up with the front. The back, I'm thinking I'll just use another long strip to wrap around.
I would suggest cutting out an oval just barely smaller then the front open segment and when you glue them together, it will pull on them giving it a bit more of the desired shape, depending on how much smaller you've made it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back