SciFi Valley Con June 10-12 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusak3

Member DIN
S474
Less than two weeks ago we did Sci Fi Valley 2015. And already Ash is starting down the road in prep for 2016. Sci Fi Valley Con will be June 10-12 2016. Ash has already paid for 2 tables for the 2016 con. We have one Artist table and one Vendor table. That translates loosely to you boys and girls who are selling will be able to bring some stuff to sell. She is already talking to Cassey about having us do a couple more panels in 2016. My mind is already spinning on what I need to be building to make our tables stand out. My mind is going down the road of armor stands and weapon racks so and so forth in appropriate HALO fashion in a form that I can disassemble and move about.

Even if it is only for one day during the con I really truly want to see our presence be truly felt this year with as many of us in costume as possible. Ash is already talking to command about some things that will make all of us stand out when we are not in our armor and hopefully it will get approved.

Just as this year Ash and I will need help from as many of you as possible to make this happen and to make it even better than this years show. We have just a little over a year to plan for this and I figured I would get this show a started so that planning can happen.

Depending on how jobs work out after graduation, I may or may not be there. However, the Fleet will be. As we get closer to graduation, I'll be sure to advise you all on the situation.

Count me in! I will be there all three days next year, no doubt about it. In costume all the days too! Wouldn't it be cool if we could build a weapon rack as seen in Halo 4 where there are usually several Assault Rifles and a heavy weapon? There are so many different possibilities for the next con. I can't wait to see what we can come up with.

I am definitely thinking a Halo based weapons rack. As well as some other table scenery. I am researching now for my new armor going to doing a Mark VII for myself

I know it's a bit late, but the Fleet and I will be there again. I'll -have- to be in Starfleet uniform one day, but I'll be bringing my armor and two helms with me.

I know it's a bit late, but the Fleet and I will be there again. I'll -have- to be in Starfleet uniform one day, but I'll be bringing my armor and two helms with me.

Will forgive you for looking like a starfleet officer. Perhaps. Let me get with Ash on this and get her command decission

So if i get the time off from work, i will be making the trek down :)
More the merrier. Hopefully after this year Krissy and I can get it put together to catch a con other than the one in our back yard

Would anyone be interested in a 405th dinner on Friday night after the con? I was thinking that a dinner would be great, there are lots of great restaurants in Altoona. Friday night seems like the best time because the after party is Saturday and nobody has the energy on Sunday after three days of costuming. So possibly right after the con around 9-9:30. This is just an idea so let me know if you are interested!

Would anyone be interested in a 405th dinner on Friday night after the con? I was thinking that a dinner would be great, there are lots of great restaurants in Altoona. Friday night seems like the best time because the after party is Saturday and nobody has the energy on Sunday after three days of costuming. So possibly right after the con around 9-9:30. This is just an idea so let me know if you are interested!

I'd be down for that.

More the merrier. Hopefully after this year Krissy and I can get it put together to catch a con other than the one in our back yard

And when does the Back Yard AltoonCon happen? Let me know so I can post in the 2016 Con Calendar......;)

I put my request for time off at work so i hope it gets approved so that i can leave early Thursday evening into Friday morning to krissy's house.

I'd be down for that.

Me too, but it ultimately depends on what I need to handle Fleet-wise. I suspect that it won't be a problem if I meet up with you guys for dinner that day. I'll have my shirt, too. :)

Sounds good to me and I am sure Krissy will be good with it.

- - - Updated - - -

And when does the Back Yard AltoonCon happen? Let me know so I can post in the 2016 Con Calendar......;)

<chuckles> That particular con is year around. its just populated by the voices in our heads

Ohhh and to make things even more interesting. I pulled Krissy and my armor out of the totes it spent the winter in. And went ohhh nuts repair work insanity has set in. had some seams separate. Caused by the fact that we were still in the hot glue stage of building things. So I am replacing some parts on my armor right now that I said forget it not fixing this building new. Amusing to me to see the development of my armor. Being I have the MK1 through MK3 builds all here someplace.

We have 2 panels. Saturday, adn Sunday. Saturday is How to Armor. Sunday is How to WoW!

That being said, guys and gals, any of you who wish to have anything in our display booklet of projects and info for if you wish to take commisions need to get pictures and such sent to me. Keep it to 2 pages total of pics and info so that the portfolio does not get ungainly. If you have buiseness cards pm me and I will give you my address so you can get them mailed to me.

Okay I finally managed to get a weekend off. Finally. That being said on Sunday May 29th we will be doing a Workshop day here on the Kusak and Ashuraa estate in the middle of nowhere Pennsylvania to get table props ready for Sci Fi Valley con. On the agenda is a a Halo themed weapons rack that Ashuraa found an image of and wants done. I also am going to build a couple of pvc pipe armor stands for the tables. One to support Joshua Toriano from Snake eyes games Mass effect armor that we will have to use as a display. The other to support one of the two suits of armor that will be available from this household for display.

We will also be doing armor repair and building if any of you need some help. I have my wonderful band saw here for cutting pieces. And to make the day a bit more amusing we will plan on burning some hot dogs and have some chips about for munchies.

We have confirmed the following. We will have Joshua Torians's 3d printer at the 405th table up and working. So long as the parts arrive to replace the head that kicked the bucket 2 weeks ago in a spectacular fashion. Ash will be working this week to finish a child/small head sized MK6 spartan helmet that we will be donating to gearbox union for their fundraiser they do. We are also going to be donating a 3d printed M6 pistol. Hopefully the printer will be back up this week so I can finish the print on the one I planned to give away. If not I will be giving the one that I printed for myself and print a new one later. We are also looking at / for a couple more small nick nacks to give to gear box union for their fund raiser activity's.

Edit
A small warning disclaimer for the sake of those with allergies and or may be afraid of dogs. Krissy and I do have 2 large dogs on site that supervise all activity's very closely. My German shepherd has the ability to sense when people are afraid of her and takes great personal joy in tormenting people who have that issue. We also have 3 cats on site that own and operate said dogs and are very prone to hanging out in the lumber rack that is in the ceiling of my work shop looking down at me as I work and or walking back and forth on my work bench as I try to use a hot knife.

:( I'll be in Minnesota during that time, running around like a chicken with my head cut off doing staff things for a convention. For those that do go, I hope they have a wonderful time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back