Halo Reach: Elite Ranger Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

owen12000

Hello,
So i've been here quite awhile now and have yet to build anything. That changes now with my to scale build of a Elite Ranger from Halo Reach. (7'4" elite not the 9' ones lol)
I probably need to more materials cause i might end up short causing a slow in progression but i won't let that stop me from completing this :p. Anyway i had printed out a shoulder to see the scale and it ended up being 20ish cm too small so i went and used the scaling guide here http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=25588. I recommend anyone who is having trouble scaling to use this guide ^.^
So my progress right now has fallen back to scaling and printing and thats all i have for today because it's 4am and i got to go to sleep >.>
More updates to come (possibly daily :p)

Thanks,
I'm just hoping it doesn't turn out like a big mangled mess :p
Gonna get my scaling, and printing for the under body started and hopefully finished today.

*Edit: Seems i might not even have enough paper for the under body well time to get more paper i guess

Love Covenant stuff - definitely need more Covie builds! Is this going to be wearable or a model type thing? I'm guessing wearable, but with something that large, you never know.

So my printer decided that it's only going to print BLANK pages -_-
well no printing tonight might just have to borrow someone elses printer

*EDIT: I fixed it, just needed to be cleaned. Underbody Torso Printed! ( I took all my paper though now i got to go buy like 300-400 more pages >.>)

Love Covenant stuff - definitely need more Covie builds! Is this going to be wearable or a model type thing? I'm guessing wearable, but with something that large, you never know.
This is going to be a wearable build. I plan on making the 4-5 foot focus rifle to go with it too ^.^

That's awesome! If you have money to burn, I would recommend getting a pair of these for it!
Those look neat! I was gonna buy a pair a stilts that supposedly made you run and jump higher and make a (non-working) jetpack but, these cost half the price just might consider it thanks.
*Edit: my god i just saw the real price of those 0.0 its like $600

Really intrigued.. Can't wait to see how you end up handling the legs. Just an fyi, it is possible to make your own stilts.. Again, totally stoked for this build.

Yeah, they're not cheap, which is why it's only if you have the money to spare. If you do however, that's a professional product designed by someone who worked for WETA on the Hobbit films. They're high quality, will be reliable, and will let you focus on the actual costume. If I ever get around to trying to make some costumes, I know I'll be using those for both sangheili and kig-yar.

So i'm probably not be posting for a few days unless i decide to make my underbody torso. Otherwise i'll be back in a few days after i get some more paper.

Anyway you could give me the dimensions of the helmet? I'm working on a Mk V build but want a "War Trophy" helmet from an Elite

Anyway you could give me the dimensions of the helmet? I'm working on a Mk V build but want a "War Trophy" helmet from an Elite

Please do not post on a thread when the last post was more than a couple of weeks. Just above the text of the post is the date marker, heeding it will keep you from getting in a lot of trouble down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back