Halo 4 Warrior cardboard/foam build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPARTAN Z999

Hey, 405th!
This is SPARTAN Z999 with a really ambitious idea for my SPARTAN-III suit.
It'll be entirely foam and cardboard with some help from pepakura, but not full and complete use of the templates because I'm not going for the insane levels of detail some of the more skilled members of this forum have.

My price range will be $200 at the very most for all the undersuit parts, the motorcycle helmet I plan to use for the GUNGNIR helmet base, and the foam sheets for the armor assembly.

I want the armor to reflect my preference for a mix of high accuracy single shot weapons and high explosives in the Halo games I've played all the way back to the good ol' days of Halo 3.

Armor list: (all Halo 4 armor, red primary with white/grey accents)

-Warrior helmet
-Warrior chest armor
-Warrior shoulder armor
-XV-27 Shifting forearms
-LG-50
Bulk thigh armor
-LG-50
Bulk shin armor
-LG-50 Bulk boots
-Default glove armor plate

Components for armor undersuit and framework: (All the parts I found good options for have links to them added, and suggestions for these are definitely welcome!)

[BOUGHT!] -Compression shirt and pants (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T2JOZ3S?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00)
[BOUGHT!] -Gl
oves (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00200PHYM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00)
[BOUGHT!] -Acrylic paints of various shades of red, grey, and white
-Buckles to hold armor pieces together over the compression suit
-Plastic screws to attach parts of boots together

Re: My custom Halo: Reach foam/cardboard armor plan! First build!

Sounds like you got a plan. Good color selection. And welcome to the 405th. I'll be watching this build, good luck

Welcome.

I'm gonna sit myself here and watch this build. :thumbsup

Some edits have been made to the armor list and parts list.
Also, I've decided I'm doing the details on the armor's chest, arms, and legs with sharpie because this is more of a cheap speed build. That might change.

I had a thought: how effective would stapling layers of craft foam (non-EVA) be to keep them together? I'm not sure if EVA foam will be worth it considering how simple I'm making pieces like my armor's forearms and shin plates.

I'll be making an MA37 assault rifle prop out of cardboard and foam for this build as well, and it's safely halfway through the toughest parts of its basic construction process now!

welcome to the form

The MA37 is done for now, minus detailing work like the yellow stripe across the top barrel housing, and my SPARTAN-III gloves have arrived!

ma37 done and gloves.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back