Making weapons from Pepakura Templates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adexder

Hey guys! I had a question about using pepakura templates to make weapons. I've seen people use foam, but what's the best material for making weapons from pep templates?
I've seen people use fibreglass, plastic, EVA foam, craft foam, wood, etc., but what do you guys think is the best material to make light and carryable weapons?
I want to make warhammer weapons to scale, so I need it to be light.
Thanks in advance!

Well both fiberglass and foam would be the lightest, though I prefer foam, cause its easier and quicker to finish, for me anyway, but with foam, if you're making larger weapons you would need to put something in between the foam to add support because it tends to be flimsy. wood would be kind of heavy, unless of course you wanted to use it to make casts, which the casts would be pretty light too, though casting gets expensive, so does the fiberglass route, but you can always sell extra castings

I'm no expert by any means though, this is just my opinion, I prefer using foam, but you may find other methods more to your liking, it more or less comes down to a personal preference to some extent

X2 on sandbagger's comment! Also check into the rules at your local conventions, as some don't like allowing weapons in. That's the case for those local to me, but when they see my weapons are foam, they don't give me any issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back