Making a kinda realistic Halo: Reach MA37 out of cardboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPARTAN Z999

I used a blueprint similar to this one, and I'll be making the cardboard model a little shorter than 28 inches long, counting the barrel, about 3 inches shorter than a "real" MA37..

ScreenShot014.jpg

Will making an MA37 of this size be to scale for my cosplay if I'll be about 5 feet 10 inches high with my completed foam armor?

Spartan in armour: 7' 2" = 86"

You in armour: 5' 10" = 70"

70/86 = 0.81 (Your individual "scaling ratio")

MA37 length: 31.5"

Scaled MA37 length: 31.5 x 0.81 = 25.5".

So you'll actually be a little long to be "true scale", but from what I've generally seen, going a little larger looks better than perfect scale. And my full-scale BR (39.3") is surprisingly handle-able for me, at around 5' 10" (sans armour).

So... should be fine.

The real question is, who made it. I mean, its a weapon. "THAT BOUNCES. WHO MAKES A WEAPON THAT BOUNCES?
Worst gun ever. Of all ti.."

Awesome Red Vs. Blue reference, my friend xD

Also, first progress pic! This is the rough cardboard outline and an old flashlight I found for the... well... flashlight...

progresspic1.jpg

Good start, looks like your edges are a little scruffy though. What are you using to cut the cardboard?

Looks like a good start. Just so you know, as far as I'm aware the flashlight goes inside the fore end and the larger round part is simply part of the grip, not the light itself.

I just used a pair of scissors for cutting the cardboard. I'll be investing in a good x-acto knife for the rest of my armor and when I acquire that I'll be able to make the rifle's edges more smoothed out, before a basic plain black spraypaint job.

I might also just remake the rifle entirely. I do have a ton of spare cardboard lying around.

Second progress pic! I decided to cover most of the rifle with electrical tape for its shininess and spraypaint the parts of the upper assembly that are light gray later. A mix of cardboard pieces for the sides will be attached later too.

The thing you see on the underbarrel flashlight is a quick idea I had: a printed image on paper of the texture on the barrel for simplicity's sake, since I didn't want to make that texture in foam.

progresspic2.jpg

The real question is, who made it. I mean, its a weapon. "THAT BOUNCES. WHO MAKES A WEAPON THAT BOUNCES?
Worst gun ever. Of all ti.."

all guns bounce just you dont see it most of the time every thing bounces just if it didnt it would be like a pillow or a peace of paper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back