The Birth of a Spartan (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DStyler

Hey there guys,
Here is a thread to show the progress work on my Spartan III build. This is actually the first spartan I`ve built so be gentle though I have been crafting since January 2015. I don't claim to have come up with any of the designs for this build, templates were used from L3X for the majority of the armour basic shape. The boots and collar were free handed using a series of reference pictures and many hours of trial and error.

S20.JPGS15.JPGS70.JPGS79.JPG
S29.JPGS36.JPGS51.JPGS57.JPG
S62.JPG

A very clean build. Great work!

Edit: Welcome to 405th. Saw you joined this month. Hope you enjoy your stay :)

Woah, really crisp work there!
Would never have guessed this was your first suit, it turned out great. Those free-handed boots have a great look to them, same goes for your proportions and fit. Will you be tackling the details of the under suit as well as you move forward? With how well this came out I can't wait to see more haha

G'luck in the next stages and thx for sharing!

Woah, really crisp work there!
Would never have guessed this was your first suit, it turned out great. Those free-handed boots have a great look to them, same goes for your proportions and fit. Will you be tackling the details of the under suit as well as you move forward? With how well this came out I can't wait to see more haha

At this stage I`m not going to be attacking an undersuit. I have a really strict deadline and have multiple suits to finish before then. Soon enough in the future though!

Nice details on the paint and damage. Did you lightly cut into the armor for the damage ? I think it's a nice touch.

Nice details on the paint and damage. Did you lightly cut into the armor for the damage ? I think it's a nice touch.

Thanks for that. Yeah each piece of the armour has received some cuts, heated pressure for dents or scratching for some damage that has then been highlighted with some silver paint.
Needless to say this suit has definately been in the fight. The left hand side (which would be facing the enemy when engaging) has more damage to it than the right.

Might wanna lightly mist some light grey primer or something through some random patterned kitchen utensils or whatever onto the undersuit to fake the detail, 'cause the rest of the build is too well-done to let the big blocks of solid colour detract from it.

Perfect proportioning and scaling... Is each section your first attempt? Looks like a nice balance of weathering to clarity as well- we are expected to believe these suits have shielding, after all.

Try to get the smallest helmet you can fit (and still provides airflow) to complete, if you can. Nothing says "hand-built suit" like a bobblehead helmet. :p

Unfortunately guys I have the job of making five suits before the end of September, two of which being ODSTs and the other two being Spartan III's. Not to mention after that I`ll need to build the weapons too out of EPS Foam. Because of this really scary time frame I`m actually on the search for helmets to buy for this project. I did have one guy who was going to make them for me but unfortunately he played me around for a few months and gave me nothing but excuses before i asked for my money back.
The Hunt Continues!

- - - Updated - - -

Perfect proportioning and scaling... Is each section your first attempt?

The chest, gloves, belt and thighs were a first attempt product, the shins threw me off as the first one was too large and the second was too small, haha

So yeah... you are definitely going to have to post some more pics of your Collar/Breacher. I'm loving it!

Just going to put this here. It's from my facebook page 'Styler's Workshop'

[video]https://www.facebook.com/Stylersworkshop/videos/vb.1599932633558324/1642576429293944/?type=2&theater[/video]

And also a previous build that i tackled.
[video]https://www.facebook.com/Stylersworkshop/videos/vb.1599932633558324/1634261516792102/?type=2&theater[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back