needs help . Fallout pepakura and bouncing ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

elderfallout

Hello i am elderfallout and i am new to 405th. I need help with file searching im trying to make a fallout "package" for my uncle's birthday.
I need fallout files for pepekura all i have is pepakura viewer 2 because im on a xp pc.
I am also new to pepakura

Hi Eldar.

Take a look in the File Archive located under the 405th logo in the banner (top left). You could do a search for Fallout or take a look in the Non Halo section I believe Fallout is there. Also check the Non Halo Costume and Props section. There are threads that members have posted of their builds showing there progress. Some member sometimes may have links to the files that they used.

There are a lot of sticky threads (Halo Costumes and Armor has a few)that can help you with learning Pepakura. Lots of references and useful threads here,just takes a little searching but you'll soon find what your looking for I'm sure :)

All the best with your build(s) and welcome to the 405th.
:cool

Hi Eldar.

Take a look in the File Archive located under the 405th logo in the banner (top left). You could do a search for Fallout or take a look in the Non Halo section I believe Fallout is there. Also check the Non Halo Costume and Props section. There are threads that members have posted of their builds showing there progress. Some member sometimes may have links to the files that they used.

There are a lot of sticky threads (Halo Costumes and Armor has a few)that can help you with learning Pepakura. Lots of references and useful threads here,just takes a little searching but you'll soon find what your looking for I'm sure :)

All the best with your build(s) and welcome to the 405th.
:cool

Thank you but i have tried that
but the files i am really trying to fine are a 10mm pistol and a pipboy 3000 for pepakura viewer
also thanks for the help on getting started with pepakura :)

Hi Elder,

Love fallout :)

Just did a quick google search on pepakura pipboy, seems plenty of people been playing around with it in the past. Some hits even on the 405th so you could try searching pipboy within the board and there are a few vids on youtube that come up of people building it so that would be good to watch (I'm at work atm so can't tell how good, bad or ugly the vids are). Biggest question with some of the older threads is whether the files are still around.

If you do find the files you need but can't print them on XP, I don't mind printing them to PDF for you though I can't guarantee the scaling will be right...

Owh and this looks good: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=30804&highlight=pipboy

my problem is that most of the "files" i find are either bad links or were torn down
i have 2 pcs but i use the ont at home rarely but i can use that one as well
but i do have pep viewer the hardest thing i made was a combat shotgun
but thanks and if you can i will take you up on your offer mux231

Yeah broken links are a nuisense, but understandable when some of these threads are 5 years old...
If you found a file that looks good for you but you can't open just sent me a PM, I'll see what I can do:)

elderfallout,

I managed to download the PEP files for that PIPBOY 3000 in that therpf thread. Looks allright, comes in 4 pep files. The guy that made them said it was still a work in progress.

I didn't find pep files for the 10mm pistol but I did find a nice enough 3D model that someone did. Was a good excuse to learn unfolding so I spend the last 3 hours or so unfolding one. The problem I have at this point is that I do not know the dimensions of the gun so I have no idea if it needs any scaling but it's pretty much ready. It needs a few small cleanups and I need to resize some of the tabs. I think I'll try and build it myself too.

It's 1am here now and I have a pretty full day planned. I couldn't find how to upload files to the archive (and frankly am to tired to try and figure it out), I might not have rights to do so yet. I'm also not sure about the rules as I only unfolded the gun and I have no idea who the modeler is (other then his name) but I'm guessing if I include credits it should be alright. Saves someone else the search some day :) Anyway, I'll figure that out tomorrow and let you know.

elderfallout,

I managed to download the PEP files for that PIPBOY 3000 in that therpf thread. Looks allright, comes in 4 pep files. The guy that made them said it was still a work in progress.

I didn't find pep files for the 10mm pistol but I did find a nice enough 3D model that someone did. Was a good excuse to learn unfolding so I spend the last 3 hours or so unfolding one. The problem I have at this point is that I do not know the dimensions of the gun so I have no idea if it needs any scaling but it's pretty much ready. It needs a few small cleanups and I need to resize some of the tabs. I think I'll try and build it myself too.

It's 1am here now and I have a pretty full day planned. I couldn't find how to upload files to the archive (and frankly am to tired to try and figure it out), I might not have rights to do so yet. I'm also not sure about the rules as I only unfolded the gun and I have no idea who the modeler is (other then his name) but I'm guessing if I include credits it should be alright. Saves someone else the search some day :) Anyway, I'll figure that out tomorrow and let you know.

ok i understand well i could pull some all nighters to work with you though . ok yes it should be ok as long as you include the author and the site if applicable . yeha lets hope it wont do in the shadows again :)
ok thanks man

My first unfold:) No idea yet whether it will work out good. Also still needs to scale correctly. Once I know how to upload to the file archive I'll put it up:)

Original object is from here btw: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:116304

Fallout 10mm pep.PNG

Elderfallout asked me to post a few of the images he sent me as he's on a slow link. This is a foam build pipboy he started out to see if this would work and looks like he's got the overal shape working.

11255108_1275047732589391_1836648719_o.jpg11655672_1275047695922728_1415574428_o.jpg11656119_1275047722589392_360061581_o.jpg11701504_1275047675922730_1250584370_o.jpg

Comments, ideas, etc welcome:)

thanks Bastiaan

ok guys and gals i im now working on my 2nd model wand it will have a radio realworld and from in game both 3 and NV and it will also have the pipboy light
i hope to post pictures soon
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back