3D printable mark 5 b file ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HKurtyka

I want to 3D print a mark 5 b helmet - for personal use, no casting, mainly as I'm sick to death of pepakura right now. Does anyone have or know of a HD file or is able to make one -I know, a big ask, I don't expect this at all. I have looked around and can't find anything high quality enough. I know a user on the 405th 'Icon Props' printed one, but the file he used, JTM version, is only available as a pepakura model that isn't high definition enough to 3D print and is missing some details. On top of that 'Icon Props' doesn't seem to active at the moment so messaging him is likely futile. I have tried 'reverse engineering' the model, ( I know it's taboo, but I wasn't going to share the file ), but I kinda failed as blender is completely alien to me, I know how to use inventor and that's likely my problem, trying to learn a new way of 3D modelling that is totally different from what your used to. Anyway If you know of one, please reply!

As far as I'm aware, most of the 3D-printable models of any file are usually kept privately. The only ones I know of that have been published are ODST helmets.

I'm afraid the only solutions will be to ask somebody to make the file for you, or to start practising your talents in Blender. Though, if I come across something, I'll let you know.

Ok thanks, I have been looking at some blender tutorials, but they are..... sort of helping?

It's not a difficult program to use, once you've some basic knowledge. I self-taught myself most of what I know, over the space of a few months - with a little applied effort you'll be able to do just fine. Stick with it!

I've never had the patience to get into Blender, did lots of 3DS max years ago, kids, work, busy, its only a hobby, can't teach an old fox new tricks, that sorta thing :) One of my mates who used to do 3d modeling professionally loves it and swears by it. Its a good bit of kit and if you have the patience to learn it, very rewarding.

That all said, there are loads of good tutorials on both Youtube and Vimeo.

Are you referring to the Mark V (b) variant from Halo: Reach?

-Matt

Yes I am, I should have posted a picture just to be 100% sure people know what I'm talking about, I have seen some people confuse mark 5 B variant with the mark 5 that is worn by MC in Halo 1, which isn't that odd but you know, you want to be sure your both on the same page

Just double checking -

Mark_V-B-_Base.jpg

I have an HD pepakura file that jtm1997 released quite a while back. I did a pretty detailed unfold, but I would be happy to try to make it print-ready for you. I'm trying to get more practice at that anyway.

-Matt

I have an HD pepakura file that jtm1997 released quite a while back. I did a pretty detailed unfold, but I would be happy to try to make it print-ready for you. I'm trying to get more practice at that anyway.

-Matt

Sweet, If you do get it print ready that would be awesome, no rush though, I'm getting a 3D printer in roughly a month, so don't feel obligated to speed it up, plus that gives me time to lock down the scaling 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back