halo reach custom spartan (for halo:recolonization)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noble 10

hello 405th
well the mark v i was working on failed:unsure

so i have started on how my spartan or how i want my spartan to look cuz i am a recruit on reach :( and the helmet and shoulders are a higher rank then i am now.

o and did i forget to tell you guys that the library that i work at. they just asked my to come in and do a workshop or was it just to tell kids what i do i cant remember any way i will be bring in my chest to show the kids :) with out further ado u

i give you the bio of plasky or big death

/begin s-154 service record//

name ://steve plasky//
call sign://big death//
loction:// unknown//
spartan id://s-
154//
date of birth///classified///
unsc serial number://1790231-SP//
date of birth://unknown//
spartan class://spartan III//
armor: //spartan III armor//
place of birth://unknown//
bio :///begin///
all stuff is unknow or has been aresed do to the death of S-154 in the recolonization of reach

///end S-154s bio///

///press enter to continue///

///load out///

main gun://rail gun//
sidearm://m6x pistol//

//armor//
helmet://comando//
chest://defalut//
shoulders://security//
forearms:left ://breacher://right://TAC pad//
thighs://default//right://hard case//
knees://standered//
shins://default//

and now the build.

helmet: peping
chest: peping
bicep: planing
shoulder: plaing
hand plate: planing
cod: planing
thighs: planing
shin's: planing
boot's: planign
other: planing

i have started on the chest :) but i hope the scaling right :unsure IMGP0404.JPG on the ipad i was watching deliver hope i love it ;)

that's it for know

noble 10

I love halo reach builds. Especially when a person takes the time to build a character back ground. It adds that much more to the build. Hopefully your chest comes out great and awes the kids into building their own. Good luck on your build

o and did i mention that my doe date for this is july 30 well i got to get cracking i have 30 day's to do it :)

update

well let's just say i manged to get half the chest done and yesterday i didn't do anything cuz i waz sick with up set gut and joint pain IMGP0405.JPG

mini update

i am having troubles with the scailing with chest :( it's to big

soo i have started on the boot's whick i am going to do out of craft foam

In what way is the chest piece too bog, Noble 10? If anything, it looks like it might be on the smaller side of the spectrum, especially in the pic of it sitting on the laptop.

Any who, looking forward to seeing your eva boots. Remember you can always add a layer or two of foam to the bottom to add to your height! I added two layers of floor mat, and one layer of 5/6mm craft foam to the bottom of mine, which gives me an extra inch and a half of height combined with the shoe that is hidden in my boot....makes me stand at almost 6'9" without a helmet on :)

Hmm...

Looking at the relevant reference material, I think you should start again a bit bigger and think about having it in two pieces, the back plate and front chest plate and having them clip together with rare earth (Neodymium) magnets. I could point you to a good link to get some (50pcs) if you don't mind waiting a few weeks for delivery otherwise you could have a hunt around local stores, though there's also bag clasps (Below) which you can buy cheaply (I could rummage for a link) online.

Bag Clasps:
bbc-20_1.jpg

Well, I hope I helped... I look forward to seeing the final product!

What ended up being wrong with the first chest piece you started, noble? I had mentioned it looked a little on the small side, but you tried scaling it even smaller. Why don't you post up a front pic of you wearing the first one, and then we can give you suggestions on scaling it from there!

What ended up being wrong with the first chest piece you started, noble? I had mentioned it looked a little on the small side, but you tried scaling it even smaller. Why don't you post up a front pic of you wearing the first one, and then we can give you suggestions on scaling it from there!

well lets just say i got mad and throw it across the room :facepalm and a had a moment now i am kicking my self for it :unsure

Straight up, if I threw every piece of armor across the room that have me a bit of trouble, I wouldn't have a wearable suit.... come to think of it, I probably wouldn't have any armor at all!

Come on dude, you set yourself a goal of having the chest done for July 30th. Time to buckle down and bang this thing out! You keep telling the forum about all your grand ideas and plans, time to put your money where your mouth is!

Now 14 days is gonna be tight, but you've got a whole community of people to help you out with tricks and tips. Instead of just saying "ok thx (insert username)" in response to our suggestions, ask us more questions, try out the methods we tell you. Personally I try to help out most specifically where I have had troubles in the past, in order to give other builders an easier time. I think you can manage this, you just have to take the time to do it!

My first suggestion would be to print out the chest again, but scale it to be 5-10% larger than your first attempt. Post up some pics of you wearing it from both the front and side, and we can give you suggestions on its size. Sometimes it helps to have a third party critique something, as we always see the best in our own projects, but others can pint out any flaws.

Good luck man!

and i have moved the due date to some time and the person who asked me said i could move my thing back

o and one more thing h i have been working on a star wars 7 snow trooper for the movie release in December

A few more friendly words of advice, Noble 10! I wouldn't try to "speed build" your chest, as unless you are very experienced with the methods and materials, you will likely make more mistakes, and take even longer to do it!

My best suggestion would be to scale up your original file by 8%, cut and glue at least the front of it together, and then post up some pictures for us to see and give you feedback on sizing. You could also try your hand at scratch building it from foam, but getting the scale right for this part of the armor can be rather tricky, amd it can lead to a lot of wasted foam if you are not familiar with scratch building or foam work!

As well, it's great that you are starting a trooper build as well, but if you continue to keep taking on more and more projects before completing any of them, you are going to end up with a whole pile of mismatched and unfinished armor parts, and no completed suits! Just pick one thing (I would suggest the reach chest, as you have committed to showing it at the library), and work on it until you finish it.

I had this issue when i built my first Mk. V chest, but there is a scaling spreadsheet that i came across which will give you the exact scale for your height.
https://mega.co.nz/#F!JcJSzIAC!qa79hYfPTSQl7GW49iRFXg
There is some pep files on that link as well as some 360 degree reference pics, but the .xlsx file is the scaling spreadsheet. Just put your height in, and you'll get the exact height/length dimensions for each armour piece
(might also pay to keep in mind that the part around the neck generally gets replaced with foam, and it may not fit exactly over your head, as it's sized for the neck)
Hope this helps:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back