Burt's Master Chief & ODST build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Burt's MJOLNIR Mark VI Build + M6C SOCOM (AutoMag)

I really wish I had your amount of free time, lol. Your suit came out great, and the Magnum looks awesome! I'm always amazed how good the LD models can look with proper pain and detailing.

Fantastic job. Can't wait to see the next projects come along.

Been working on two things at once. My first belt I made with Pepakura is awful. I hated it. The back that covers your butt stuck out too far, and I tried fixing it, but I decided to scrap it and go with foam.

ZAdQSQH.jpg

This one fits much better. I had to adjust the uh.. donger plate to fit for me, but I think it works. Still got a lot of work to do; going to add detail with thin foam, lots of sealing to do, and then paint.

gtj0x8o.jpg

My second helmet is getting there as well. I finally took the plunge and ordered a palm sander and I'm just waiting for that to get here. Slowly but surely!

On top of all this, I got my first commission piece! A friend wanted me to make him a Kylo Ren helmet from Star Wars, and I'm excited to start that project here once I finish these two!

More cool news is there is a Con about 20 minutes from me, on Sept 19th! So I got the fire lit under me to get this work done!

Thanks for keeping up with my updates, and have a great weekend guys!

Its been a while, but my helmet is almost complete. Just need to put in the padding, and glue in the electronics.

W9uA7lS.jpg FhOylYD.jpg CsVtNGl.jpg cHAdDmG.jpg DFEOOZn.jpg 7Nd2HXR.jpg

Pepakura for 8 hours a day?! You sir are a beast.

I worked on this for almost 8 hours a day since 6/22 at this point. Really trying to get all the pieces pushed out and done. My shoulders have been killing me from scoring and cutting paper. Pushing down hard on pens, and using a box cutter really put a strain on ya!

Pepakura for 8 hours a day?! You sir are a beast.

That helmet looks awesome, Burt. Very nice job.

Thank you guys so much! It means a lot!

And here's a bonus video of my fans in actions. Its not as loud as my phone makes it out to be, but you get the idea. I get a lot more wind in this helmet than my previous one!

Last edited by a moderator:

Awesome work so far! I am building the auotmag as well & would love to know what flashlight you used for yours, it's perfect!

Awesome work so far! I am building the auotmag as well & would love to know what flashlight you used for yours, it's perfect!

I used a keychain flashlight that I found at walmart. They only had a red one when I went, I just covered the lens and spray painted it black.

I also wanted to share that I was able to meet the legendary Rick Stafford today(The True Aquaman). He was in my hometown and I was able to talk shop with him for a bit. He was incredibly nice and informative. Really makes me excited to be apart of the cosplay community, the people you meet are just wonderful. Seriously, the most friendly people you could ever meet!

QSNZeCu.jpg

Spatter some dark blue/purple(color of sangheili blood) paint on the gun to really make it look like you've been meleeing some elites.

My first prop gun is officially completed. The M6C/SOCOM AKA the Automag.

View attachment 16596

View attachment 16597

View attachment 16598

Tried to give it the look that its been meleeing some aliens and has gotten some abuse. What do you think? I've learned a lot and not 100% happy with it, but its not bad for a first try (and I know what not to do for the next one :) ).

Hi guys! I have a small update for ya!

I've been wanting to remake my chest piece because its a bit too small and its a pain in the butt to get on. I finished my helmet and looking at the major differences from just a few months of work and learning, I figured I could really get an amazing chest piece made! Here's the comparison of my two helmets! What a difference!

LX6T97e.jpg HrH5bYE.jpg

Unfortunately, I'm very lazy. I didn't want to do the HD chest piece (221 pieces!!). I printed/cut out/scored the chest piece and took parts of the HD chest piece that I really liked and figured I could mash them up to get the details that I want and add them to the Normal Def Chest (nice and easy 59 pieces)

I've got the back done, and here's what it looks like so far:

kk2iDG7.jpg PIFOVtJ.jpg

I plan to add more details, but I'm pretty proud of this small mash up on the shoulderblades? part. I also found some portable battery powered speakers that I'm going to take apart and add to these!

I wanted to thank you guys and this awesome community. This forum alone has taught me so much in such a short amount of time. You guys are just so wonderful, helpful, and incredibly nice! I love coming here to see people's builds and learning new things every day. I'm constantly inspired to keep pushing myself to see what else I can do because of you guys! Thanks again and thanks for checking out my build! There will be lots more to come!

Re: Burt's MJOLNIR Mark VI Build + Other Props and goodies!

Hey guys! I wanted to share with you my Activation Index!

I wanted a quick project before I fiberglassed my chest and this did the trick! Its not done yet, I was just really excited to have gotten this far. I'm just glad it works!

Sorry for the vertical video :( I'll do a better one when I finish it!

Re: Burt's MJOLNIR Mark VI Build + Other Props and Goodies

Hey guys!

Its been a while but I've been busy as ever getting ready for Halo 5 release and a con coming up on Halloween weekend. I've been redoing my chest so that it will be better proportioned for me.

I recently redid my thighs in foam.
AdeBNMG.jpg

I repainted a BoomCo UNSC M6 Blaster

hSTaoqs.jpg

And here's where I'm at with my new chest piece. Just need to finish cleaning up with sanding, fill in a few holes. (its wet in this picture, had to clean up the dust!) Just a few days left before midnight release, but I know I can finish in time! I got this!
fbwHKQI.jpg

And as a bonus... any Rick and Morty fans out there?

ka3tvi9.jpg

Its a mask/wall hanging. (Morty is up next once I finish my chest!)

AdeBNMG.jpg

hSTaoqs.jpg

fbwHKQI.jpg

ka3tvi9.jpg

Sorry for the double post, but here's a small update. I'm cutting it very close to release! Just need to finish strapping and add electronics and I'm ready!

x9MCBFZ.jpg mTrUTzN.jpg 45l6jH6.jpg 9nCotm9.jpg v2I0dyO.jpg

AWESOME! i wanna buy one of those boomCo blasters. how quick was the shipping?

AWESOME! i wanna buy one of those boomCo blasters. how quick was the shipping?

If you get it from Amazon its very quick!

Also as a bonus: I bought the Boomco Needler and it came broken, but I didn't realize it till a day or two later. The barrel didn't spin, and then by the third day of having it, it stopped shooting. I figured I could fix it myself, I opened it up and... messed up big time; I didn't take a picture of the inside before I started messing with it.. and got stuck as to what to do. I emailed Mattel asking if they maybe had a guide on how to fix it, or just some images of the internals(there is nothing on Google I could find about it). Good Guy Mattel just said "sorry, we don't have any of that, but hey, have a free Needler on us!" I couldn't believe it!! I just wanted to fix my first one but they did something even better! For my broken Needler, I'm going to paint it proper and make bad ass crystals for the top. I can't wait! (I did eventually get it back together but it still doesn't shoot darts)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went to the Florida Mall Microsoft Midnight release tonight and had a BLAST! I got to meet several 405th members. (I don't know their handles on here unfortunately!) I can't wait to do more events with the 405th members, its inspiring and you can learn a ton, not to mention everyone is beyond wonderful and great to be around! I didn't get many photos tonight and wasn't able to get all of the spartans in a shot, my handler was a bit busy trying to help me out and I can't thank him enough.

Here's two of the best photos from the evening, and I'm hoping to get a few more once the Microsoft store uploads their images, hopefully they got better ones of us!

ewEjhmY.jpg 7Ek5Tar.jpg

Thanks for keeping up with my thread and I hope you're enjoying Halo 5!

If you get it from Amazon its very quick!

Also as a bonus: I bought the Boomco Needler and it came broken, but I didn't realize it till a day or two later. The barrel didn't spin, and then by the third day of having it, it stopped shooting. I figured I could fix it myself, I opened it up and... messed up big time; I didn't take a picture of the inside before I started messing with it.. and got stuck as to what to do. I emailed Mattel asking if they maybe had a guide on how to fix it, or just some images of the internals(there is nothing on Google I could find about it). Good Guy Mattel just said "sorry, we don't have any of that, but hey, have a free Needler on us!" I couldn't believe it!! I just wanted to fix my first one but they did something even better! For my broken Needler, I'm going to paint it proper and make bad ass crystals for the top. I can't wait! (I did eventually get it back together but it still doesn't shoot darts)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went to the Florida Mall Microsoft Midnight release tonight and had a BLAST! I got to meet several 405th members. (I don't know their handles on here unfortunately!) I can't wait to do more events with the 405th members, its inspiring and you can learn a ton, not to mention everyone is beyond wonderful and great to be around! I didn't get many photos tonight and wasn't able to get all of the spartans in a shot, my handler was a bit busy trying to help me out and I can't thank him enough.

Here's two of the best photos from the evening, and I'm hoping to get a few more once the Microsoft store uploads their images, hopefully they got better ones of us!

View attachment 19347 View attachment 19348

Thanks for keeping up with my thread and I hope you're enjoying Halo 5!

thanks for the info! now i can buy the automat and the needler without worry! i love your armor!

I went to 2050Events this weekend and it was my first major 405th get-together. I had a blast! Shoutout to the Southern Regiment, I love those guys!

v1VVYaz.png 2RuXAKx.jpg REepf4R.jpg zHMIJQ3.jpg

Here's an album of 105 pictures from the event of the members if you'd like to take a look. https://flic.kr/s/aHsknZj6Py

Re: Burt's Master Chief Foam Build

Hello Again,

Starting a new build for MegaCon. I've got a Halo 3 Master Chief. I'd like a Halo 4/5 Master Chief suit as well.

I 3D printed my helmet. ~120 hours of printing. 19 individual pieces. Model by Big_Red_Frog on Thingiverse. Printed on a Monoprice Maker Select

zYOhOgI.jpg 3hsPPlc.jpg D18jYnw.jpg

Its Glow in the dark filament, too bad I'll be painting it over.

Y257S59.jpg imNb6Hf.jpg

I'd really like your opinion on the gauntlets. They are a great fit, but not sure if I want to redo them.

qzCxykC.jpg k5vSJkS.jpg Qi07cT0.jpg sgJmHvi.jpg

Hey Burt. That H4 helmet looks great. You should consider casting it and selling copies. Definitely gonna subscribe to this build so I can see how it goes.

I think the forearms look really cool!!
To bad that glow in the dark helmet wont be seen, but I guess it might make it really awesome to look through!!!! It would feel like a real heads up display!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back